Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

first time using OPK....help....update

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hello Ladies. So I am trying to use OPK's this month. I took one yesterday pm and it was light but there, then this AM it was more darker. Is it supposed to get darker as it goes along? I know it has to be dark as or darker than control line. Does the fact its getting darker mean I am getting closer to Ovualting? Thanks in advance for all your answers like I said new to the whole OPK thing.

So I took an OPK yesterday afternoon and is was very very faint then today practically non existant. However my cervix is still open and soft and I am still having egg white mucas. Does this mean I didn't ovulate this month?

Mommy to 2 amazing boys Baily (7), and Bentley (8 months). Trying to concieve our third and in love with my soulmate Brian. I love my life couldn't ask for a better one. I am beyond blessed!

Instead of tearing someone down why not build them up. You never know you may be thier saving grace.
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM

For me, they usually do just get darker until I O.  But I think other ladies have said that their opks can get darker then lighter & then darker before they O.

BBMommy27
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Okay I was just wondering because I have never used them before and kind of nervous. We have been BDing everyday since May 10th so that I don't miss the egg lol

Quoting GwenMB:

For me, they usually do just get darker until I O.  But I think other ladies have said that their opks can get darker then lighter & then darker before they O.

Mommy to 2 amazing boys Baily (7), and Bentley (8 months). Trying to concieve our third and in love with my soulmate Brian. I love my life couldn't ask for a better one. I am beyond blessed!

Instead of tearing someone down why not build them up. You never know you may be thier saving grace.
amowery
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

My colors change all month long.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Yep! I'd start BDing now! its a good idea to start up to 5 days before ovulation.The day you ovulate it should be as dark as the control line. Good luck and baby dust!

BBMommy27
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Thanks I am hoping that it turns dark soon!!!! We will see I guess. If this doesen't work I am going to start temping next cycle.

BBMommy27
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Baby Dust to you also!!!!!!

1amazingfamily
by on May. 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I've heard some ladies say they get a line one day and nothing the next, but when i got a pos this month it slowly got darker and then i got a +opk for 3 days.  Once you start getting close or getting darker lines start testing more than once a day.  I tested 3xs a day i've heard some ladies miss their surge b/c they only tested once a day and the surge only lasted 12 hours so they missed it.  So def test more than once a day.  FX and GL i hope you get your BFP soon!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)