Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Period or implantation????

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am 8 DPO today. Yesterday I noticed spotting and this morning i feel like i have a full blown period. Cramps, backache and now its red blood. Do you think I got my period a week early or can you have heavy flow implantation bleeding??? Im so confused now.

by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Implantation is very light sometimes brown or very light pink never full flow sounds like period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLea922
by on May. 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Its not flowing out of me....but its bright red when I wipe. I guess ill have to keep an eye on it and see what happend.

HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Sounds like your period. IB is not normally bright red. Ib is normally light pink or brown because it's "old blood".

toopicky429
by Jackie on May. 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM
This

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Sounds like your period. IB is not normally bright red. Ib is normally light pink or brown because it's "old blood".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLea922
by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I read a few articles online and some say you can get bright red blood but without the flow. I have the fright red blood and its not flowing out of me. Nothing is going on my pad. Just when I wipe i notice it.

la_sirena22
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

With my last pregnancy I had an "early period", like full-blown. A month and a half later I found out I was preggo and from a dating ultrasound I discovered that had been implantation bleeding. And with my first pregnancy, which unfortunately ended in a miscarriage, I had 2 days of red bleeding as well. So from personal experience I can tell you it is possible! Good luck!

Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM

My last pregnancy I had a lot of spotting for 2 days. It was brown and pink at first, but then it was bright red. No cramping though. DD will be 3 in July. :) I'd watch it for a couple of days and see what happens. If it stops, then wait a day or two and test. If it doesn't stop and it turns into a full on period, then you may have ovulated a little sooner than you thought this cycle. Good luck and baby dust!

creoletexan
by Member on May. 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

My last pregnancy I had a lot of spotting for 2 days. It was brown and pink at first, but then it was bright red. No cramping though. DD will be 3 in July. :) I'd watch it for a couple of days and see what happens. If it stops, then wait a day or two and test. If it doesn't stop and it turns into a full on period, then you may have ovulated a little sooner than you thought this cycle. Good luck and baby dust!

It's funny you should post this.  Last month I had what I thought was an early period at 9dpo (on CD31).  It started brown and mucousy then bright red.   Then a week later I had brown discharge for 2 days.. then it stopped.  I'm on CD31 of the next cycle, and my CBFM didn't show that I ovulated and neither did my OPK before the digital holder broke.  I had bad cramping on Tuesday, some cramping on Wed and Thursday, and still no AF.  It's weird.  i want to test but I don't want to jinx.

Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Really? Wow back in march i.got my iud pulled during fertile week missed my period in march, had a 3 day period in April but I am.now.cycle day 32 and no sign of af my periods usually last 5-7 days.... how long before you tested positive on a home test?.because I have been.having nausea and headaches since.last week...my mom thinks i.am still pregnant just didnt show positive

Quoting la_sirena22:

With my last pregnancy I had an "early period", like full-blown. A month and a half later I found out I was preggo and from a dating ultrasound I discovered that had been implantation bleeding. And with my first pregnancy, which unfortunately ended in a miscarriage, I had 2 days of red bleeding as well. So from personal experience I can tell you it is possible! Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Wow! I don't know what that would be. I've heard of people bleeding through their entire pregnancies at about the same time they would normally have a period though. I'd take a test just to see. If its not that, then I'd call the dr and get checked out. Good luck and baby dust hun!

Quoting creoletexan:

Quoting Lizzys_mommy13:

It's funny you should post this.  Last month I had what I thought was an early period at 9dpo (on CD31).  It started brown and mucousy then bright red.   Then a week later I had brown discharge for 2 days.. then it stopped.  I'm on CD31 of the next cycle, and my CBFM didn't show that I ovulated and neither did my OPK before the digital holder broke.  I had bad cramping on Tuesday, some cramping on Wed and Thursday, and still no AF.  It's weird.  i want to test but I don't want to jinx.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)