Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Did clomid work for you? need advice!

Posted by on May. 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM
  • 53 Replies

Ladies - i just came back after seeing my gyny as we have been ttc for the last 7 months and i was starting to get a bit anxious that nothing happened yet even tho DH and I are perfectly healthy.

Gyny suggested clomid if i wanted to speed things up but im a bit worried that clomid is only for women who do not ovulate .. isnt it? i told her that if nothing happens in 3 months im coming back for it as i dont think i can put up with the waiting game any longer .. but i know there are these medications such as fetilebella and fertile ad that promise good results and i sometimes get tempted bec they seem to work for many..

Oh and im going to start temping this cylce to see if all is normal .. i usually use opks and that really hasnt done anything it seems !

what do you ladies think ? because im starting to lose it !

by on May. 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Nope! You dr will give you whatever he thinks you need and whats safe. I ovulate on my own just fine and DH and I are both healthy with no issues and i've been on clomid for 4 months now. It helps some people and some it doesn't it just depends on the person.

sarsoor
by on May. 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM

and did clomid help by any chance ? and what are the side affects to it?

I am a bit relectant to take it .. i dont know why...

hucksgirl1
by on May. 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I was on clomid for 7 months with no luck.  I got side effects of moodiness and I gained about 40 pounds. Also, ovulation was a bit uncomfortable....not exactly painful, but I could definately feel it for a couple of days.

Jellybean82
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

50mg and 100 mg clomid didn't work for me, but I'm starting 150mg tonight.

Bero2007
by on May. 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I wouldn't be taking clomid if I was ovulating on my own. What's the point of taking a med to make you o if you already o?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I tend to agree with you that Clomid shouldn't be used if you are ovulating.  I do ovulate on my own & when I have taken Clomid (like for the Clomid challenge to test my egg reserve) it seemed like my ovulation wasn't as good - I didn't have as high a temp spike as I usually do.

There are other, more natural things you can do if you have hormonal issues.  My OB wanted me to take Clomid to help with my progesterone level, for example.  To me it makes more sense to use a natural progesterone supplement - which is what I do now.

You could take Vitex or FertilityBlend or FertilAid to naturally help your hormones.  It seems like the side effects of those are much less than with Clomid - you often hear women talk about the side effects of CLomid, I've only ever heard a couple talk about side effects with Vitex.

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

side effects can vary from person to person. I honestly have really bad headaches, to the point that I cannot open my eyes. I was having hot flashes when I first started but now that i'm on 150mg I no longer have those. It's best to take the clomid at night before bed so you don't feel the side effects. I had to get special pain meds for my headaches but honestly that was the only bad thing and I would do whatever I had to, to get pregnant so if that means headaches and side effects from fertility meds then so be it. Some people have worse side effects than me and some have none at all!

Quoting sarsoor:

and did clomid help by any chance ? and what are the side affects to it?

I am a bit relectant to take it .. i dont know why...

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

It's given to women who have been TTC for a while without sucess. It boosts ovulation in some women. I know it has for me. It gives some women that little extra something they need.

Quoting Bero2007:

I wouldn't be taking clomid if I was ovulating on my own. What's the point of taking a med to make you o if you already o?

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I personally can't believe she suggested clomid if you already O on your own. I would be more worried it would mess you up. I was on clomid for a LONG time because I dont O and it never worked for me. I went off it and Od after 6 mns of no cycles on my own and we concieved (that was our second) Anyway I definately would seek another opinion before taking clomid even though you O already. Good Luck

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't understand why it's so hard to believe? Like all of us who ovulate and are on it are making it up? I'd never take something my dr didn't prescribe and tell me was safe to take. I ovulate just fine on my own and have been taking clomid for 4 months now and the worst thing that's happened to me was getting bad headaches. I've been tested and had ultrasounds galore and everything is amazing with my ovaries, tubes, uterus and such so no I don't believe that when given to you clomid will "mess your body up" Both my dr and my RE said that clomd was safe for me to take and they have degrees so i'm going to go with that they say. I've been to 3 different dr's who all said the same thing. OP listen to your dr. he/she is doing what they think is best and the next step for you.

Quoting NoraDun:

I personally can't believe she suggested clomid if you already O on your own. I would be more worried it would mess you up. I was on clomid for a LONG time because I dont O and it never worked for me. I went off it and Od after 6 mns of no cycles on my own and we concieved (that was our second) Anyway I definately would seek another opinion before taking clomid even though you O already. Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN