Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanted to know has anyone experienced this, and what it feels like. I went to the doctor today because of pain, and the dr told me it cud be this or a cyst so I figured I'd ask to compare symptoms
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Replies (11-19):
LBlittlebit
by on May. 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Also, are you spotting?? That, along with the pain is a major sign of EP!

toopicky429
by Jackie on May. 26, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I had one last summer. I got a BFP at 11 DPO. My hcg rose normally until seven weeks. At my six week US they couldn't see anything, so I went back in for blood work and another US at seven weeks. I had no symptoms of an ectopic at all. If my doctor had not been monitoring me I would have died. I had energency surgery and lost my tube. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by Jackie on May. 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Once you have one, it causes damage to the tube making it more likely that you will have another. I have a friend who had five ectopics.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Wow, I'm sorry you've been through that! I'm curious - do they know why you had 2 ectopic pregnancies? Seems pretty rare, but I could be wrong.

Quoting LBlittlebit:

I've had two ectopic pregnancies. There  were a variety of pains..Went from sore and achy to painful on one side/back/hip to Stop me in my tracks stabbing pain.  Definitely with both, I had very sharp almost BAD gas like pain and rectal pain. I also had one rupture and you WILL know when that happens, no question. I have lost both my fallopian tubes and have to do IVF, so it is important that you monitor it! I hope things turn out well for you! I have also had cysts and it does feel similar, but not when the EP gets big..then the cyst pain is nothing like EP.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gina on May. 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM
But sounds like she had one per tube. I could see having one and then having it again on the same side due to scar tissue. Or maybe there was just a blockage or something common to both sides and a predisposition, maybe endometriosis? Just curious, really, what would cause that.

Quoting toopicky429:

Once you have one, it causes damage to the tube making it more likely that you will have another. I have a friend who had five ectopics.

Quoting TTC2Long:

Wow, I'm sorry you've been through that! I'm curious - do they know why you had 2 ectopic pregnancies? Seems pretty rare, but I could be wrong.

Quoting LBlittlebit:

I've had two ectopic pregnancies. There  were a variety of pains..Went from sore and achy to painful on one side/back/hip to Stop me in my tracks stabbing pain.  Definitely with both, I had very sharp almost BAD gas like pain and rectal pain. I also had one rupture and you WILL know when that happens, no question. I have lost both my fallopian tubes and have to do IVF, so it is important that you monitor it! I hope things turn out well for you! I have also had cysts and it does feel similar, but not when the EP gets big..then the cyst pain is nothing like EP.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaparker1010
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I go to the dr on thursday to get my ultrasound. That should give me some more answers soon... If its a cyst they told me they were going to put me on bc. :-( I've been trying to concieve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PANDA29
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
How did your appt go?....please kup :)

Quoting mommaparker1010:

I go to the dr on thursday to get my ultrasound. That should give me some more answers soon... If its a cyst they told me they were going to put me on bc. :-( I've been trying to concieve

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LBlittlebit
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM

It was weird because for one, I have had a child before and they haven't really found any real endo. The first EP was a shock! After that, I had a hsg test and my other tube was clear! After my second EP, they saw that my rt ovary was fused to my pelvic wall,but I guess that was from scar tissue from my first ep. What'e even more rare is that the meth injection didn't work.. I even had two of them and neither worked! All my tests and labs and u/s always come back perfect..WEIRD to say the least!

mommaparker1010
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:27 AM

the dr found nothing... noone knows whats wrong with me... :-(

mommaparker1010
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM

and my period started again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured