Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Could it be my husband and not me?

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello everyone, I just have SO MANY questions that I really don't want to go to the doctor about and who else would be the pro's but you guys? ;)

Anyway, I've been TTC for about a year and a half now with no luck. I took Clomid 50 mg for four months and my doc did blood tests to make sure I was ovulating and I did. So I'm wondering if our problem might be because of my husband instead of me? I know it sounds super selfish and I would hate for him to feel like that, but I know I've ovulated so what else could be the reason for not getting pregnant?

Thanks a bunch and baby dust to everyone! :)

by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe42081
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM
It's actually a 50/50 chance that it is him and not you. This is what we are thinking about too. I am ovulating so if we don't get a BFP in the next 2 cycles my DF is going for a semen analysis. Ask your doc about sending your DH in for one. Def wouldn't hurt anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Latvia
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM

there is aways a chance. i would say talk to your doctor, it can't hurt! and good luck!

Melonie7
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I'm so nervous to talk to my husband about it. We've had a few small conversations about it but he just gets so touchy (he's really embarassed and you know man pride, lol). I would like to get him tested and find out if he maybe has low sperm count or something. 

Is it harder to get a BFP if it is sperm count instead of something to do with my body? That's what really makes me nervous. I know we'll get through it no matter what, but I'm just scared because at least if it's me, I know there are many different options to having children but if it's him, I really don't know...

bebe42081
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM
I am not 100% sure about it but I do know that there are things like IUI & IVF that can help when a man has sperm issues. The SA will measure count, morphology, and motility I believe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dababiesdreams
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM
How old is he? Asking cause age makes a difference in info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melonie7
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

He's twenty-four and pretty healthy but he does smoke... :( Maybe that's why we're having problems?

bebe42081
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
My DF is the same age and he is worried about all the black & milds he used to smoke and that those are why we are having a hard time! I haven't researched it but I suppose it's quite possible!

Quoting Melonie7:

He's twenty-four and pretty healthy but he does smoke... :( Maybe that's why we're having problems?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melonie7
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Ughhh how terrible! I guess if we really want to have children, he'll have to break down and stop smoking. I heard that it really can have an effect on chances of getting pregnant.

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM

That's the first thing that Drs suggest when you tell them you want a baby. Stop smoking, no caffeine, no alcohol, these all have an impact on the sperm. Oh, and no tidy whities :) It sounds like it would be a good idea for your hubby to be checked out. Like Belinda said, they check for count, motility and morphology. My DH had problems with motility and morphology. Numbers are not outstanding either, but they're not that bad. He's been taking supplements that help him with this issue. We still don't know why I'm not pregnant. Good luck!!

Quoting Melonie7:

Ughhh how terrible! I guess if we really want to have children, he'll have to break down and stop smoking. I heard that it really can have an effect on chances of getting pregnant.

Neelyttc1
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:17 AM
I just got a prescription from my doctor yesterday for a semen analysis. My np said they only cost $25 and you can leave the hospital and bring it (the container with sperm) back within an hour. So we are doing it Friday when he's off work. He's excited cause we get to play! Lol GL!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)