Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

opk stay positive if you are pregnant?

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

I was just wondering if you end up pregnant (conceiving) are your opks suppose to stay positive or can they go to negative even if you were to end up pregnant? I have a month worth of supply so I was just wanting to use them even after I got my first positive. I ended up having a positive on opk for 2 days and today it's negative....

Thanks ladies!

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kstorm234
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I've heard of pregnancy showing up on them but I really don't know.

bebe42081
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

OPKs can be positive when you are pregnant. I'm not sure if they will always be though. They aren't reliable as a pregnancy test.

Last cycle was my first one using them and I got + for 3 days, then O'd on the 4th day.

MrsC2011
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, they can go negative. And they can be positive if you aren't pregnant. LH and HCG aren't the same...similar, but not the same.

mommyde3boys
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Quoting mommyde3boys:

I was just wondering if you end up pregnant (conceiving) are your opks suppose to stay positive or can they go to negative even if you were to end up pregnant? I have a month worth of supply so I was just wanting to use them even after I got my first positive. I ended up having a positive on opk for 2 days and today it's negative....

Thanks ladies!

LilGreenMonkey
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I did test with an OPK for pregnancy (after I got my BFP) and it worked.  However....  It went negative after ovulation before BFP.

mommyde3boys
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Quoting LilGreenMonkey:

I did test with an OPK for pregnancy (after I got my BFP) and it worked.  However....  It went negative after ovulation before BFP.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Yay, gives me even more hope! Thanks!

fingers crossed

Artillwife01
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Mine was just barely lighter than the control line the day before I got my BFP

RaynesMommy07
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quoting MrsC2011:

Nope, they can go negative. And they can be positive if you aren't pregnant. LH and HCG aren't the same...similar, but not the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantstobeamum22
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I've been getting positive opk, I've had 4 in this week, first one was Tuesday, and then I waited two day and tested on Thursday it was positive and then tested on Friday it was positive and today it's still positive, I don't know if I'm pregnant, but I'm still in my TTW. My
Af is due in 7 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyde3boys
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Quoting Wantstobeamum22:

I've been getting positive opk, I've had 4 in this week, first one was Tuesday, and then I waited two day and tested on Thursday it was positive and then tested on Friday it was positive and today it's still positive, I don't know if I'm pregnant, but I'm still in my TTW. My
Af is due in 7 days

Good Luck! Hope you get a BFP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)