Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

New to site, ttc for 3 years

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 4:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi all! I am new to this site and decided to join for some insight and maybe relate to some others in the same boat. I am 28 years old and have been ttc child #1 for three years. I had an hsg done in 2/2012. Tubes were flushed and open. Then I had a laparascopy in march. They found endometriosis no one ovary, tubes and abdominal wall. My hubby's sa was bordeline low morphology and motility, but my RE did not seem worried about it yet since they were still in range. I just did my first round of femara 5 mg with hcg trigger shot this month after two large follicles were seen on us. My periods are regular and I ovulate every month. I didn't know if there was anyone out there with a similar story or using the same meds. Good luck to all ttc!
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MasterAtArms
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Welcome and good luck TTC! Hopefully you'll get a BFP soon.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  I hope this is your month!

pedsnurse21
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SookieRT28
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts. I just tested yesterday 7 dpo from hcg trigger shot. I already got a BFN. I didn't think I would've tested out yet. I was kind of excited just to see a "fake" BFP from remnant HCG in my system. But I posted this if there are other ladies curious as to when other people have tested out past their trigger shot. Hope this is helpful!

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Hi, I'm 27 & my husband & I have been ttc our first for 28 months now. I ovulate on my own, with regular periods. My husbands SA revealed slightly low morphology, but the urologist said its not low enough to be the culprit of our infertility. I've had ultrasounds & an hsg, everything is clear & perfect looking. I suspect I have endometriosis (family history of it) but we don't have insurance & can't afford the laproscopy. We've tried clomid & iui, but it didnt work. At the moment, we are still ttc, but taking a break from charting, opks, timing sex, obsessing over it, etc...
We have similar stories, so I thought I'd share. It's nice to meet you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SookieRT28
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 7:48 AM

My heart goes out to you and you're in my thoughts. I know exactly how you feel. The frustration definitely doesn't let up especially when it seems like everyone around you does NOT have this problem. Have you ever asked your doctor about progesterone creams or supplements? Sometimes they can have an effect of shrinking endometrial implants and overall try to get your body back on cycle with hormones. This was suggested to me by a health food store and I researched it a bit. I started using it this month. I think that if the next two months are unsuccessful, my hubby and I will be taking a break as well. Insurance coverage, even if you do have it sucks in this country as far as coverage for infertility. I work at a hospital, and they don't hardly cover anything. In fact, they don't cover anything after an infertility diagnosis. I hope this helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)