Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Mad at CVS brand OPKs!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM
  • 3 Replies

When I got my positive OPKs last cycle, I started off using CB digis; however as many of you know, those can get pricey, especially if you're a POAS addict like myself. :) So I also began using the CVS brand strips. This time I decided to start off using the CVS brand and then, if I had one that looked positive, to confirm with the digi. After using CVS for a week and having lighter test lines in the morning and evening and darker ones in the afternoon- EVERY DAY- this morning I said eff it, I'll try one of the digis. BAM! SMILEY FACE! While I am overjoyed to see it, I decided to use a CVS strip too, using the same cup of urine- NEGATIVE! I don't know if I got a bad batch or what, but needless to say, I won't be using CVS brand anymore, even if they are cheaper. And before anyone asks, yes, it was FMU, which I know most OPKs advise not to use- that said, the true positive I got with a CVS strip last cycle was also with FMU. I might have completely missed my surge if I hadn't sucked it up and used a digi. If any of you have been using the CVS brand, I'd double up with another just to be safe ;)

Now, I just hope we can catch eggy! I'm raring to go right now and hubby is more interested in sleeping... figures!
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MasterAtArms
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Good luck catching that egg! I only use CB OPKs.

pryn4amiracle
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I only use the CB digis as well. Good luck, I hope you can catch that eggo :)))

MasterAtArms
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I find that even though they are more expensive, seeing a smiley definitely beats staring at a line for ten minutes trying to figure out what shade it is. The expense doesn't add up too much for me though because my cycles are super long (100+ days) so I only use opks for the first part of the cycle before tossing in the towel and waiting for AF to arrive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN