Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Progesterone SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM
  • 3 Replies

If I am not pregnant then all of these horrible symptoms are progesterone symptoms. ITS AWFUL.....Hotflashes, High temps, Nausea, Cramps, Bloating, Breast Tenderness, Headaches, Dizziness, Moodiness, etc

Here are some articles...

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/pregnancy-symptoms-start.shtml

Symptoms that feel like pregnancy but are not pregnancy related

Progesterone levels increase after ovulation.  This increase in progesterone may cause you to feel symptoms similar to pregnancy symptoms.  While these early symptoms could be due to pregnancy, they might not actually be pregnancy related.  If you notice symptoms before implantation could have occurred, the symptoms are likely due to normal hormonal changes that take place after ovulation rather than pregnancy.  Women just coming off of birth control may be more sensitive to these hormonal changes.  It is quite common for women who recently stopped taking the pill to have what feels like pregnancy symptoms, especially during their first ovulatory cycle.

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/lutealphase.html

The Body and The Luteal Phase: With progesterone high, women may experience tender breasts and nipples. Confoundingly, this is also an early pregnancy symptom as well. If you are fertility charting and you know where you are during your cycle, you can dismiss this early tenderness as a possible effect of post-ovulation progesterone. However, if tenderness continues or intensifies when you normally do not experience this sensitivity, you may have an early pregnancy sign. Progesterone can also precipitate PMS-symptoms like irritability, moodiness, etc.

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
blessedmommiie
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Would vitamin b6 do the same bacause ive been taking it this cycle and ive noticed alot of pg symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmesGirl
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Yes. I took it to induce a period with clomid. First month I swore I was pregnant. Humph. Wishful thinking that was!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twyliatepeka
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

that is how i feel...& it sucks. hoping i am pregnant anyway though (wishful thinking i am sure)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN