Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Could the blood test be wrong???

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi ladies,

This cycle I was on clomid for the first time and did IUI as well as took vaginal supplements of progesterone during the 2 week wait.  I took a blood test exactly 2 weeks after ovulation, which was negative and I stopped taking the progesterone that day (which stops you from getting AF). I susually get my period within 2-3 days arfter stopping the supplements, but now I am going on day 6 with no sign of AF. I usually get bad cramping and can tell when it;s about to begin..,

Could the blood test be wrong?? could it be that I AM pregnant and it was just too early to detect it in the blood?? I'm starting to freak out!!

Has this ever happened to anyone??

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lillybug222
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Doubtful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Did you have the qualitative test or the quantiative one done?  If you just got the yes or no test done, its possible your hcg was just too low to detect.

Can you call your doc & ask?

MichelleM14
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM

i think it was the qualitative...not sure. they basically said that my number was 2 and if i was preg it would be 10 or higher....

BethRae
by Bethany on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought in order to be pregnant it had to be 5 or over?

Quoting MichelleM14:

i think it was the qualitative...not sure. they basically said that my number was 2 and if i was preg it would be 10 or higher....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you ask for a retest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM

The scale I've seen is that under 5 is not pregnant, 5-25 is maybe & over 25 is pregnant.

So you're test was quantitative (they gave you a #) instead of qualitative (yes or now).

If you don't have AF by Monday, I'd call & ask for additional testing.  Good luck!

Quoting BethRae:

I thought in order to be pregnant it had to be 5 or over?

Quoting MichelleM14:

MichelleM14
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I spoke to the nurses today and they said that if by tomorrow morning still no AF, I should take a home pregnancy test, and if it's positive go in for another blood test.

I think I am feeling some faint cramping...so nervous that it's my AF making a late appearance!

Now I'm freaking out all over again!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN