Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Brown Blood

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM
  • 10 Replies
I'm so confused. My period was nine days late this month. I took four pregnancy tests, all negative. On the day my "period" finally arrived, most of the blood was brown, and it wasn't very much (not as much as the first day of my normal periods anyway). I only bled for maybe a couple hours, and now I have nothing again. My "period" didn't even last a day. What is going on with my body?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Davithm
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I have the same thing....only I was 2 days late. Do u know anything about implantation bleeding? Could it be that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM
That's a good guess, I didn't think of that. But, would it be brown? Looks like I'll have to Google it. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:59 AM
WhatDoesImplantationBleedingLookLike?

Bleeding due to implantation is characteristically a small volume of pink or brown vaginal discharge. Between 32-35% of women actually experience implantation bleeding as a symptom of pregnancy.

If this bleeding is from implantation, it will be more like spotting rather than a steady flow of blood you would get with your period. So if you have been trying to get pregnant, and it's getting close to your period, you might think that the spotting from implantation is actually from your period. If you have any questions, an early pregancy test will likely be able to tell you within about 9-11 days after ovulation.

Hope this helps some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Thanks for your help! It sounds pretty similar, except for the fact that from what I've read, implantation bleeding usually happens right before or during your expected period. My period had been overdue for about a week, so it might be too late to be that...?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantstobeamum22
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Maybe u ovulated late, so that would of made u implant late too, good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Thank you! :) I'm getting more hopeful the more that I read about this. At first, I figured it was brown because my period was so late... But, I guess I will find out for sure soon enough! I guess another hint would be if anything else comes out tomorrow. As of right now, I am back to nothing. If that was in fact implantation, how long would it take for me to get a positive test?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wantstobeamum22
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:11 AM
I hope it was and u get ur bfp, but when to test I have no idea, I thought 3-4 days after the bleeding, but I've heard some people get it the next day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pickmom12
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I have my fx for you.. I had the same thing kind of but it was 3 days early and then the next day af came but it was normal at first. But the next day it was normal. So my wonderful luck af came so i didnt even bother to test but then the day after af i had pink spotting.. IDK whats going on with me either UGHH!!going crazy

mommy090910
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM

my af was 6 days early last month and was spotting with brown also ,but I did have around 5 hours of light flow broken up into 3 days .Im used it to .all my cycle the last  6 months have been like that .only last month was the only month with brown .I am sure im not pg .i hope you are .I think you should call your doctor .I finally got my doctor to see me for it .best of luck

KJ786
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I'm out, it was just the beginning of AF, I'm bleeding red today. :( What a weird period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)