Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Officially out this month... I HATE MIRENA!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
So its been 3 1/2 months since my mirena removal. I have had 2 af so far started my 3rd officially last night after 5 days of light spotting/flow. So frustrated that it is taking so long to get back to normal and ttc. Trying to stay positive and hope for the best next month. Any one here had the mirena? How long did it take to concieive? I would really like some feedback so thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I didnt have the mirena but I had the paragard got it out march 8 completely missed my period that month and then I am only on my second cycle since then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Yes. It took 11 months after removal. I had no AF for five months and AF but no O for five months then I Oed but missed the egg and on month two of Oing we conceived. GL hope it happens for you soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bkelly1201
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Thanks. Its just so frustrating! If I knew what I know now I would have had it taken out a long time ago lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Artillwife01
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I know how you feel if I knew then what I know now I would never have gotten it. I had mine out in Dec 2011 counted the bleeding after as my first AF got a BFP April 2012 then miscarried. Starting my 3rd cycle since the mc and still no baby. Good luck to you

nikkihight
by Nikki on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I got mine out April 30th and am on my 3rd cycle. Knowing what I know now the mirena sucks! God I loved no period while I had it but it's making ttc difficult for sure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1moretolove
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I took a year after having it removed to get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I got mine out in March, 2009. I had a miscarriage in September, and then got pregnant in November.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willis_Mommie
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
i had it....had it removed in dec got my bfp in may....this was also after we found out i wasnt ovulating and started clomid in feb....i am currently 11 weeks with twins....i will never get or recommend the mirena to anyone ever again....i had mine for 4 years and it messed me up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bkelly1201
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Thanks everyone. Its so hard to know what to expect next. Its good to hear y'alls stories and I appreciate it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I had the mirena for 18 months and loved it.  I had it removed in February and started my period 3 days after removal. In those 3 days I got pregnant.  I am now 15 weeks.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured