Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Have you ever had the Methotrexate Shot???

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

So last week (one week ago today) I got the methotrexate shot for a tubal pregnancy. After all this time ttc is sad but Im glad we found out early so It didn't do any damage to my tubes.

So my question is how long did you bleed after your recieved the shot and how far along were you when you had the methotrexate? If you have been pregnant since the shot how long did it take you to get pregnant agian?

I have been bleeding for a week and was in my 7th week when I found out about the tubal pregnancy.

Thanks in advance ladies, This has been such a disappointment.surrender

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMama1125
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear this! I don't know anything about it so I'll BUMP your post! Hope someone can give you some advice.

ProudMama1125
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM

BUMP!

RaynesMommy07
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Bump

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michelle1717
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I too had the shot due to a tubal, I got the shot last Monday the 11th and on wed the 13th I was in the E.R in severe pain, long story short I had emergency surgery and they had to remove my right tube. Today is one week since surgery and I go back to doctor next week. I bleed heavy up until today and now it's just there a little when I wipe (sorry t.m.i) but my doctor told my on the day I had shot that I only had to wait until bleeding was over and then have a regular period and then we could start trying again if I felt ready. I was surprised we could try again so soon, I was in fear we would have to wait months. I wish the best for u and hope u get ur next bfp soon
dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM
My best friend had to have the shot with her first pregnancy. :( she was 8.5 weeks. No idea how long she bled but she got pregnant 7 months later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilLove5
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Thanks for your responses :)

Michelle, Im sorry you had to have emergency surg. that is never fun. But you can still try agian :) I hope for the best for you and all goes well !

& I know its tmi but Its like I bleed heavy like a period it goes to spotting & it comes back agian... Its just so frustrating. Grr

Michelle1717
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I'm sure it is frustrating, hopefully it will end soon!
PANDA29
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I had an ectopic in march 2011...first they told me I was early about 4-5 wks then my blood draw was really high hcg over 8,000 levels that high we should be bby....but saw nothing was sent to er for u/s ...they found bby in my tube right by the end of tube almost to uterus and i heard heart beat loud and strong...they gv me the shot to terminate everyday for 1 week...after that my 2nd blood draw was over 50,000 my bby was still growing did another ultrasound and found out I was really 8wks and
Shot wasnt going to work so they did emergrncy surgery and removed my right tube with bby at that point wr had been ttc for 6 yrs..i was devastated and still not pregnant since...i wish you the best gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PANDA29
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Bump....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)