Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I am about to lose my mind! I am in HPT HELL right now!!UPDATE

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 30 Replies

I am 11 dpo... In the past I have always taken tests earlier and had positives (from 8dpo, 9dpo and 10 dpo)... 

I have used First Response Early Results test usually at those dpo and got positives...

(BTW- I have to test and find out asap if I am pregnant or not- otherwise my progesterone crashes and I lose it- (it's happened 6 times :(.  )

Anyway- tonight- I took a Target brand test- it immediately came up positive with a thin blue line.  So I took another one... same thing happened.  SO then I ripped open my ept test and BOTH of those had faint blue plus signs.  Then I took 4 First response tests and all of them are negative. I am scratching my head right now... First Response has always been known to be extremely sensitive and pick up very small amounts of hcg.

I am puzzled... First Response uses pink dye...and EPT and Target brands both have the blue dyes... 

What do you think?

*********UPDATE*********************************************************

I went and had bloodwork today...my hcg was 3... and I am spotting :(

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Can you post pictures? I'm thinking you may have gotten a bunch of evaps. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmamanew2town
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM

How do I post from my phone?

I thought about evaps too... but every single blue line came up immediately before the test was even finished and stayed there

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Take a pic on your phone hit the upload pic at the top of your mobile home page, and open this post and addd pics in the response.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I had that happen before with blue dyes. If the line is skinner than the control and slightly off center it is an evap. To post from your phone, take the picture, then open the post, select reply with photo, and it should give you the option to upload from a mobile device.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

lines almost always appear with blue dye tests no matter what, which is why I won't touch them. Sorry. :0(

lillybug222
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to your doctor about starting progesterone after you ovulate & continuing it if you're pregnant, or stopping it if AF starts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Have blood drawn. If your progesterone drops and you think you may be pregnant you should find out for sure ASAP! Blue dyes are known for Evaps but on more than one test is just weird. Blood all the way at this point, IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

EPT showed up faster for me too..weird! I am not sure, but keep testing hun! GL :)

newmamanew2town
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Quoting lillybug222:

Talk to your doctor about starting progesterone after you ovulate & continuing it if you're pregnant, or stopping it if AF starts.

He likes the idea of Clomid better for some reason... which is why he plans on having me come in next cycle for an ultrasound and then Clomid... he said it will help with better ovulation and keep my progesterone levels up... they are always low...

(I'm 35, have PCOS... and am a twin and have twins all over the family... I told him I'm a little freaked to take CLomid...I will be that lady on the news who has sextuplets or something!)... I will discuss the progesterone thing again... but a long time ago- he said that could mess up cycles etc...

luvtohunt
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I would get a blood test. Maybe you got a bad batch of first response
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN