Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Question bout fetal heart beats...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:01 AM
  • 17 Replies
Got my 3rd ultrasound done tues I was exactly 10 weeks but baby measured 9w 4d and the heartbeat was 170. Now everywhere I look online it just says what peoples experiences are and not a range, baby was wigglin like a jumping bean and some people say if the baby is active the heart rate goes up and also if a heart rate is high its a girl. I asked my doc and he just said its good. Does anyone know of like a general rule of what the heartrate should b? Or what was ur fetal heartbeat at this stage and what was the sex? Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michel_vb33
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I would try not to worry.  The babies heart beat will go up with movement just like ours does.  It also goes down when sleeping.  For the measurement, they usually give a 4 days with the measure which makes you right in range.  I measured 7w5days 4 when I was 8w1day and then the next week gained a day.  There is always error in their measures so that should not worry you either.

Hisservent
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I don't remember my first son's hb.

my daughters was 170 at 6 weeks. And the bigger she got, the slower it got. It pretty much hung around 145-155 throughout the duration of the pregnancy

With this baby, it was 165 at 12 weeks and at my last visit (19 weeks), it was 145. It changes as the baby gets bigger and depends on what baby is doing. This baby is a boy btw. 

Christian wife and mother  

in lovetoddler boy toddler girlexpecting boy

TJ and Amy   Aaron Thomas     Olivia Grace    Stephen Edward

Hisservent
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM

yes, u/s are not 100% accurate in measurement, except for when you're earlier than 6 weeks or so. We SAW the hb with this baby at 5w5d, which is what the u/s measured. I wasn't totally sure if I was 5w5d or 6w. And since dr said the u/s and my lmp were 2 days difference, she wasn't going to change anything. She's been countin my weeks as of my lmp, not the u/s. At my 19w4d check up, the u/s measured baby at 20w1d and she's still not changing the due date. 

When I was 36 weeks with my first, they said he was a little over 7lbs. Well, he was born at 39w3d and he was only 6.11

Quoting michel_vb33:

I would try not to worry.  The babies heart beat will go up with movement just like ours does.  It also goes down when sleeping.  For the measurement, they usually give a 4 days with the measure which makes you right in range.  I measured 7w5days 4 when I was 8w1day and then the next week gained a day.  There is always error in their measures so that should not worry you either.

Christian wife and mother  

in lovetoddler boy toddler girlexpecting boy

TJ and Amy   Aaron Thomas     Olivia Grace    Stephen Edward

mommymary6507
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Your baby sounds just fine! Heart rates vary from baby to baby. It may still slow down a bit later on in pregnancy too. I think anywhere from 120 to 170 is considerd normal. Don't quote me on that though lol.

eChard
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I think you're right... Also, heartbeat is not an indicator of sex. While italy be true for some, there is no validity to it at all. The only way to know is to see the goodies!

Quoting mommymary6507:

Your baby sounds just fine! Heart rates vary from baby to baby. It may still slow down a bit later on in pregnancy too. I think anywhere from 120 to 170 is considerd normal. Don't quote me on that though lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystyneh
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Honestly it doesn't matter the heart beat doesn't predict the sex of the baby. My daughter's was in the 160s and my sister in law with all 4 of hers (she has 2 girls the. 2 boys) all of them were in the 160s. There is an old wives tale but this one I don't believe lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2beauties133
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I agree that HR is not a good indicator of the baby's gender. Both of my girls were high, 150-160. My baby boy's has been in this range as well. The HR can be higher early on in pregnancy, then later the normal range is 120-160. 

mommymary6507
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM

oh and the hear beat is not an indicator of sex. Both my girls were 140's. I know boys in the 160's and above.

Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Like everyone else said...... Heart rate has no bearing on gender
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amiehart62
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:14 PM
All of my boys have had fast HBs...it's a wives tale.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)