Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnancy weight question (piog)

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

Im on my third pregnancy and with my first son before I got pregnant I weighed 115 and I gained 50lbs. He weighed 7lb 3oz.. My second pregnancy I started at 125 and gained 63lbs and he weighed 8lb 9 1/2 oz.. This time around I only gained 16lb and I have at the most 2 weeks left because for some unknown reason I cant carry a baby past 37 weeks but thats ok bc I at least make it to where the Drs consider it full term... does the amount of weight I gain determine the weight of the baby?? I asked a friend and she figured I would know this since Im on my third but I never really paid attention until my last appt and the girl mentioned it. I eat everything in sight and its all day every day haha..so I was just curious.. and I keep having dreams she is 6lb 7oz lol...

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Not in my experience or any of my mommy friends. Your babies weight is more acurately determined by you and your partners birth wieghts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xsbnix
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:29 AM

ohh.. well I was 4lb 11oz and my husband was 8lb 9 1/2oz <-- the same weight as our second child .... hhmmmm .. interesting- lol

Quoting eesmommy:

Not in my experience or any of my mommy friends. Your babies weight is more acurately determined by you and your partners birth wieghts.

DACIA79
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:31 AM
No some women carry a lot of water weight My friend gained 70 lbs had a 6lb baby . I gained 40 pounds with both they were both 6 pounds 7 oz . I know women who have gained 25 lbs and had 9 lb babies and these were not overweight women for most people each baby usually weighs more than the previous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SB2217
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
My first was 8.9 lbs and I gained 43lbs. My second was 7.12lbs and I gained 40 lbs.
My belly was smaller with my second and I could "feel" her not as big as her sister so I knew she wouldn't be as big.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleybgarcia
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I gained 16 lbs & had a 7 lb 15 ounce baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM

No, not at all. You still have a little time to gain weight though. I lost weight before putting on the pounds. I was 139, went down to 134 in the 1st trimester and by the time I had her I was 163. I gained most of the weight in the very last few weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured