Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Help Ladies.. Please!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM
  • 1 Replies

I had a miscarriage in April of this year, and the month after we started 'trying' again. AF showed last month, and I said after AF showed I wasn't gonna stress it anymore and when it was meant it'd happen.. We'll this month we had sex some but didn't keep up with 'O' and all.. I'm suppose to start on 7/5 and I'm going to the doctor on 7/3 to see if he'll put me on Clomid. I just have a few questions.. I wanna make sure we are doing this right.. When I got pregnant last time we wasn't trying so I wasn't 'making sure we we're doing it right'  I would like to know when is the 'correct' time to bed, also I wanna know after we 'bed' should I stay laying down for a certian amount of time to keep sperm moving? Hold my legs up? Is there anything that I'm NOT doing or anything I SHOULD be doing to help me get pregnant? Help ladies.. We've been wanting a baby! 

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM

If you really want to "try for it" I recommend taking your temp and charting....most of the ladies here are doing this. You take you temp each morning before you even move out of bed. You chart it (i use fertility friend.com) it will help a lot with figuring out when and if you Ovulate each month. I would also recommend using OPK's (ovulation prediction kit) this will give you a heads up on when you're going to ovulate so you know to make sure you have plenty of sex.

The best days to have sex are the few days before you ovulate and the day you ovulate. So knowing when you ovulate is KEY!!! I read a study last night that said women that stayed laying down for at least 20 min after sex had a 50% greater chance of getting preggers so I say go for it...but I don't thing putting your feet up actually does anything.

This stuff all worked for me last year when I got pregnant with my son. The FIRST month I used opk's I got pregnant...I was totally missing my fertile days cuz I didn't really know when I ovulated.

GOOD LUCK!! Oh and start prenatals and folic acid!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN