Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

My name is Vanessa, I'm 26, diagnosed with PCOS need advice

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi my name is Vanessa, I'm 26 and my husband is 30. My husband is a father of two 13 and 9. My husband and I decided to TTC and after our first month got pregnant last July. Unfortunately we lost the baby in September. We decided to start trying again in December and no luck. Just last month I was diagnosed with PCOS Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease which decreases my chances of having a baby. My question to the woman is do you know of anything I can take over the counter to increase my chances of having a baby?
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Replies (11-16):
Texasrose1983
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I was told that I have PCOS at the age of 26. There's a lot of thing you can try OTC I had no luck  with theme had BFP on my own but was chemical and MC ( what seemed to be happened before positive test) I'm on the Clomid route now PM if you have questions

Nesskers
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Thank you and I hope everything works out for you. I went to my OBGYN last Friday and I told her I wanted Clomid because it helps you ovulate and conceive. I have another appt in a month I hope everything goes well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennsmith326
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

soulcysters.net

Babybean90
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I am so sorry! I don't really know anything about PCOS or what can help but I wish you all the best.

Angelswaiting
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I was also recently diagnosed with PCOS and have been on Provera to help regulate my periods beore activaly TTC. I am on the wiehgt loss journey as well, and have changed my diet. I have been told that I don't ovulate as well, and my ovaries are lined with cysts. I'm hoping that Clomid, when the time is right will help to concieve. Do your research, as there are many different things out there, and thy affect each person differently. It may be a trail and error for a little bit to see what works for you.

soucysters.net is a website for PCOSers and has been very helpful and educational as well! Best of luck to you!

MrsBell29
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Hello,

I am 29 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 18.  Yes it is possible to have children.  I have 1 daughter who is 8 1/2 , I have been TTC for 5 years with no luck.  BUT YES ITS POSSIBLE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)