Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

WHY oh WHY

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got my bfp june 30th but MY doctor cant get me in until july 10th for bloodwork. Having one lost, im a nervous train wreck. Im even holding my pee because im scared of going to the bathroom and wiping and seeing blood like last time. WHY havent they came out with a HOME URINE HCG monitoring kit?!?! Like you pee on it every couple days and it monitors if its increasing? ! Lol they have OPK and first response even has a "fertility test" to test your fertility! But NO HCG KITS?! Come on! Moms like me are wrecking with nerves! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jrobertson20
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM

They do actually have one.  It's on amazon.  I forget what it's called though.  It's a urine test and the line will go up to where your levels are.  I don't know how well it works though.  Congrats on your pregnancy and hoping you have an extra sticky bean.

A.B.C.brown07
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Seriously? !?!?!?! BEST NEWS EVER! thank you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrobertson20
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Yep....sorry though I don't remember what it's called.  It cost like $20.

mlawson803
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Detect 5 pregnancy test I think its called. It has 5 different hcg levels that it tests for, but they are $20 a piece.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsC2011
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM
There's also a test sold on Europe, I believe it's a CBE digi. It gives you an estimate of how far along you are based on your hcg levels.

It's this one, you can get it on amazon.
http://www.clearblue.com/uk/new-clearblue-digital-pregnancy-test-with-conception-indicator.php
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.bombshell.
by Melinda on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Aww I can understand how u feel, but try not to stress that won't help u at all (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisB0107
by Billine on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Hang in there hun. Your worrying isn't helping you one bit. Or baby. Your best bet is to sit back, relax and just take it easy. Maybe start a new book to keep your mind off of it? 

If your anxiety is bad, then ask them if you can just go in to a lab to get your blood drawn to make sure it looks ok if they can't get you in sooner.

kelli1973124
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Try relax! I know it's hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatherynsMommy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
My bfp was on June 27th and my doc cant see me until July 18th but he sent a workup to the hospital for hcg beta three times so far. Maybe call and ask him to do that. I too just went through a mc in April and am scared out of my mind. Doesn't help he is having my hcg tested every few days and wont tell me why. Good luck to both of us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

*hugs* I know how hard it is. Keep the faith hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)