Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just told my sl

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 7 Replies
I got my bfp yesterday and she told me oh don't you think its to soon the doctor told me my baby might have down sindrum because my body wasnt ready to get pregnant again!
So my question is do you think that their is truth to this?
we both had miscarriages hers was 6 months prior to getting pregnant and i had one this march
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TristinRyder
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I think she is mistaken.  Your baby can only havedown syndrome from a genetic defect in the chromosomes...not because your body wasn't ready to get pregnant.  I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I had one in march too.  Congrats on your BFP!!!!!

Bero2007
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I think she has no idea what she's talking about. I've NEVER heard that before. Ever.

bebe42081
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM
This! She is probably just upset that you got a BFP again so quickly and she didn't. H&H 9 months to you Hun!!

Quoting Bero2007:

I think she has no idea what she's talking about. I've NEVER heard that before. Ever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeautyFromPain
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Quoting TristinRyder:

I think she is mistaken.  Your baby can only havedown syndrome from a genetic defect in the chromosomes...not because your body wasn't ready to get pregnant.  I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I had one in march too.  Congrats on your BFP!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
g.g83
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Thank you I have a hard time believing her !! but because I already had such a bad experience with the other pregnancy its difficult not to worry!!
Thank you so much and I hope you get you're bfp soon :)
MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
No truth to that at all. I had a miscarriage late August early September and got pregnant again right away. I have a very healthy 3.5 week old little boy now :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
g.g83
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Quoting MommySwiggles:

No truth to that at all. I had a miscarriage late August early September and got pregnant again right away. I have a very healthy 3.5 week old little boy now :-)

congratulations!! That gives me so much to look forward to! I'm so happy I'm crying : )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured