Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

gonna drive myself mad..opinions needed please!!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 22 Replies

So last week I was convinced I was starting my period.  All of the symptoms and then had two days when I checked cm and cp that I found a dot of red blood so waited for AF and nothing.  Took a test monday and it was negative so this morning I go to take another one and waited two min then went to pick it up and dropped it into the toilet ( I hadn't flushed yet)  When I took it out it was positive, faint but definitely positive (I have been looking at negative HPts for a year now lol i know negative haha)  I had no other test on me so I couldn't do another one at the moment.  Well that was at 10 this morning and I took another one at 1:30 and it came out negative :(  I have another test and I am gonna take it in the morning but i just want some opinions I guess.  Could dropping it in the toilet give a false positive? or was my urine too diluted to get a positive 3 hours later ( I had one glass or water and one glass of soda).  

btw: Surprisinly enough all my af symptoms went away on monday.  My husband noticed my boobs were bigger and when I woke up today they were tender(reason why I tested), but no other symptoms.  I am on cd 45 (normally a 35-40) and i have no clue when I ovulated.  I had an increase in discharge about a week and a half ago that could have been ovulation but I am unsure.  Pic of test included.  

by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Was it taken within the timeframe? I see two lines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniBellL85
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM

It was taken within the time frame.  I think the instructions say read within 3-5 minutes and it was within 5 min.  I just didn't know if the dropping it would give a false positive especially since I got a negative just a few hours later

purvislets
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I see two lines!  As long as this is within the timeframe then I'd say you probably have a bfp!

Kaitlynsmom913
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I can see two lines, but I dont get how dropping it in the toilet would have changed it.....unless your toilet was full of HCG :)  

JenniBellL85
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM

hahah I am not sure myself, i just got scared when the second test came out negative.  After a year of trying and one miscarrage I am just scared to get my hopes up I guess.  I haven't told anyone about this except you guys on here. 

Quoting Kaitlynsmom913:

I can see two lines, but I dont get how dropping it in the toilet would have changed it.....unless your toilet was full of HCG :)  

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I'd hold my pee for as long as possible & test again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciaanne1129
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:30 PM

i see 2 lines :) congrats!!!

Erica_Smerica
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I have no idea how or if dropping it in the toilet would affect it. Hopefully it's accurate though!

fingers crossed 

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Maybe too much fluid could have messed with it? I wouldn't count it as a positive even though it looks like it. I would take one again in the AM or after holding your pee for a few hours and avoid dropping it in the toilet. ;)

GL

KatherynsMommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Test again and keep us updated sweetish! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)