Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you been TTC longer than you thought you would be?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

I'm just curious how others came into the TTC process. I have been TTC #3 for 17 months and it has taken me by surprise.  The funny thing is this is the first time I came into the process with confidence ... I had a MC with my first pregnancy and then it took almost 2 yrs to get pregnant again .... I thought it was never going to happen and then with my 2nd son I was prepared to have another long road, but to my surprise got pregnant fairly quickly. (4 months).

I feel like I spent all this time talking it over with my husband, making sure we were in a place to have a third child, what car would we buy, what would we do for a nursery ...... just assuming that we would get pregnant again.  I feel a bit stupid now, like I should have known better and maybe I was too confident.  I also feel incredibly arrogant in the fact that I said "let's try for a girl", when really that shouldn't of even mattered at all.  

In the end, I am so thankful to have my 2 boys and if I am lucky enough to get pregnant again I will never take it for granted.  Not that I ever did .... but sometimes you need a reminder.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommap87
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I was married to my ex husband, tried for over 2 years with him and our marriage fell apart when he assaulted our 2 yr old. I had found someone else and got pregnant after just 4 months. I have pcos and just moved on. Didnt even plan this pregnancy. I 12w
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
by Meli on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM
We've been trying #1 for 2yrs have had 3mc... still somewhat hopeful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM
We got Joey on the first try, now it's taken a few months! UG
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Hansen2011
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Yes. Been ttc baby 2 for 24+ mths. I have a four year old son and just wish I could give him a sibling. I had a mc in dec at 7wks preg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Hell yes!!! 5 years and counting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Artillwife01
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:55 PM

for me WAY too long. I had my Mirena out in December and didn't get my bfp till april and then had an early mc. It took 4 months and now we are on our 3rd cycle. I have four children and the longest it has ever taken me is 2 months.

yzaguirre1986
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Omg it's almost been 6 years that we been ttc!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeshirt
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM
Both of my daughters were total surprises and I'm not lying when I say that the only two times he didn't pull out resulted in two kids. Now we're trying for #3 and we just expected it to be sooooo easy. I suppose it sort of was, in a way. We got pregnant on our second cycle of trying, but lost the pregnancy early. I didn't expect that at all. That was last cycle. I'm in my 2ww right now.
Peke3024
by Valerie ♥ on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I am ttc on baby #1 and after all the depressions for over 3 yrs finally went to the infertility doctor and was prescribed clomid now were tracking ovulation i hope to be blessed soon 

RaynesMommy07
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM

No, although I was hoping it would be a shorter period.  DF started a new job and is away a lot now I knew it would take awhile. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured