Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

*UPDATE* 4 +hpt and a negative blood test! Help!!!!!!!:(

I got 3 positive hpt and today i went in for a blood test and they called me and told me it was negative. I went to the store after that and got another box of ept's and it was still positve. So all together i took 2 regular hpt and 2 digital. Has anybody had a negative blood test and positive hpt? I am so heartbroken, i have had two miscarriages and i just don't think i can handle this anymore.

I went to the ER and they did a urine and blood test both came back positive. They said they have no clue why the test would have came back negative earlier that day because i am pregnant:) My hcg levels were at 43, they said i am in very early pregnancy. I had an ultrasound done and even though he couldn't see anything resembling a baby(too early) he said everything looked good. I have an appointment on monday to get more blood drawn to make sure my levels are doubling and i sure hope they are:) Thanks everyone for your advice and wishful thoughts!

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
arigdon4
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Probably not a miscarriage but a chemical pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kylansmommy1020
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Quoting orangeshirt:

Qualitative (yes/no) tests are inferior to quantitative. Were your lines dark or faint?

Give me a second and i will post pictures of them.

HaloWithHorns78
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Were they blue or pink dye?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeeAnnMcKinney
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM

that is what i had last month. Or at least that is what i am guessing bc i got two bfp at home tests and then i started spotting and went to the er and they done a blood test and said nope not preggo. they didn't tell me what my levels where but they just said they where within normal range. I went on to have a five day af even thou it was not as heavy as normal

Quoting arigdon4:

Probably not a miscarriage but a chemical pregnancy

LeeAnnMcKinney
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM

your ept looks just like mine did. Hopefully it is not a chemical pregnancy

Kylansmommy1020
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM

The ept is very visable in person, it just isn't showing up good in the picture.

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM
When was your miscarriage?

You could have HCG in your system still. If so, you may not be ovulating either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kylansmommy1020
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting lillybug222:

When was your miscarriage?

You could have HCG in your system still. If so, you may not be ovulating either.

I had my first miscarriage in december and the last one in may. I know i don't have left over hcg in my system because i have been testing a lot and have had a lot of negatives.  . I also know that i am ovulating because i have been testing every month:)

prdmomnarmywife
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
With ds I did 2 blood test one per test at drs office pee test "iffy" blood test negative she gave me birth control pills and sent me home . I waited a week went back for another blood test and it was possitive . I now have happy healthy 4 year old . It is possible , try not to worry and get a sec opinion . E.r ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:17 PM
3 moms liked this

i would say you are prego and that there yes or no test was just too low to read it I wouldnt stress it at ALL just go to a different OB!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)