Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Ovulation Tests???

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so I had infertility, went through hormones treatments and after over a year on my own and then almost a year on hormones and I had my DD. Now we are trying again naturally for now. So... here's my question for you ladies:

I am trying those Ovulation Predictor tests. It's a cheap little 20 Up & Up pack from target. I took one today (on day 10 of my cycle) and I got a FAINT line on it. Now it specifies on the box that this is not the LH surge that it is designed to predict, but I'm looking to you women to see if this is a prediction of ANY LH hormone or nothing.

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MamaRamma
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

ok, so...most tests show a test line just like the pregnancy tests. The second like almost always shows faintly, but you are looking for the 2nd line to be as dark or darker to indicate the LH surge....I wasn't getting anything for 20 days past when I "should have" ovulated, then, my last and 20th strip, bam! bright, bold, dark 2nd line! Try the strips from earlypregnancytest.com I get mine there for very very cheap and they are awesome! Good luck!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Peke3024
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a pic?? i also bought the test from target the 20 count i believe it cost 15. and some change well i am getting my line but it's not quite dark yet 

tattdmom2prncss
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I dont have pic, Ya, I thought it was a pretty good price for them. I was more curious if the line would be a sign of any LH productivity or what.... I have secondary infertility and I was diagnosed with PCOS and told that basically my uterud wasnt recieving the hormones to ovulate due to cysts. As time has gone on I'm really second guessing my diagnosis bt I'm also looking at that faint line as a a faint glimmer of hope. Idk if it shows SOME hormones in there, but something is better than nothing, so if it is I'll be extactic. I know it's not an LH spike but I would be floored if I had one.

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If there is a faint line on the test, that means it is dectecting a bit of LH hormone in your system. (But like others stated, it's not a positive test, must be as dark or darker).

tattdmom2prncss
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Trust me, jut SOME detection is a tirumph all of my own! lol

Quoting mj.bullion:

If there is a faint line on the test, that means it is dectecting a bit of LH hormone in your system. (But like others stated, it's not a positive test, must be as dark or darker).

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I figured that's all you wanted to know, it seemed to be. I just figured I would clearify how it properly works in case someone else thought I was giving you wrong advice. lol

Quoting tattdmom2prncss:

Trust me, jut SOME detection is a tirumph all of my own! lol

Quoting mj.bullion:

RaLeighsMommy11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
When I take them my test gradually get darker! Like for example this month I took one on cd11 and had no line @ all. On cd12 I had a small faint line u could barely see it.. On cd13 I had a faint line but it was more visible! On cd14 it was very dark I almost thought it was positive.. But then on cd15 it was darker than the origional. Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes if there is a faint line that means it is picking up that you have LH in your system...keep testing...try testing in the early evening..maybe around 5ish (thats supposedly the best time to pick up your surge)

Some women will have a slow build up...their tests will get a little darker each day until finally they get two dark lines. I'm not one of those...for me the first part of the month I'll have super faint almost nonexistant lines..then suddenly around CD18 I get positive lines...then after a day or two they start to fade.
So don't stress that your lines don't get darker each day...not all women work that way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN