Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

ovulation and testing???

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
ladies I have 2 questions for you. one is on topic of ttcing and other is not. for the ladies who order ovulation tests on amazon are the wondfo green handle ones ok? i ordered some friday and should be here this friday.(shipped today) and my 2nd question that is off topic is, when you order on amazon do they take their payment off your debit card right away for do they take it when they ship it? please help! im new to amazon and not sure how it works. eta: how often do you test with ovulation tests? when do you start? im cd 5 today. yes been ttcing for 2.5yrs only used opks for 3 of the cycles and they were random.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM

BUMP!

mj.bullion
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I've ordered from Amazon before, but I can't recall when they actually take the money out.

As far as the ovulation tests, it's recommended to test twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening. I usually started around CD10 as recommended by my dr (but I was also on clomid). It is not recommended to use FMU (first morning urine) for these tests. I usually catched my 2nd morning urine and tested. And then around 4pm. But you can do whenever. Just make sure you are doing them the same time every day. :]

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM

You need to base when to start testing on your normal cycle length.  I usually O between cd10 & 12, so I start testing around cd6 (my cycle is 23-25 days).  The tests will come with a website where you can look up instructions & they will tell you when to start based on your cycles.

Not sure when Amazon charges, but I'm sure if they've shipped that the charge has gone through.

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I had ordered fertibella and you know the ov sticks and hcg was all expired. The the fertibella pills will expire in a month times. I got screwed.

Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM
thank you ladies. i am not working with a dr right now. i got screwed over by my last one so we are currently looking for a obgyn or midwife. my cycles tend to be 32-35 days. just the last few months were messed up with finding out about thyroid and stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Green handle are good...thats what I have right now

Kayla2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM
thank you! i am looking forward to them!

Quoting kelly617:

Green handle are good...thats what I have right now

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smyeary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Usually they take it off when it is shipped. The other questions I am trying to find out myself;) Good luck

akevangelista
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I always buy from amazon. When you checkout you have to put in your credit card number and they usually take it out once its shipped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)