Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I am so freakin' excited right now! I just did my weekly weigh-in and I have lost 4.2 lb this week for a grand total of..... 102 lb!!!!! I can't believe I have finally passed the 100 lb mark!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Replies (11-15):
RaynesMommy07
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats. Good job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firemanswife723
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your accomplishment with us!! I have just signed up for mfp now! I know I should have waiting till the morning but, it's that "Putting it off" attitude that has gotten me no where with my losing weight :) Congrats to you!!! And thanks again! :)

JenMarie87
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Aww ... thank you!

Quoting sourchick2:

Wow!! Would it be lame if I said your my hero? Lol!! Congratulations girl, thats awesome!!!!!! :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Analeigh2012
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
GREAT summary! I see so often ladies wanting to lose a tremendous amount of weight quickly and I think it helps if we share not only our successes, but how we got there! I love MFP and it has helped me tremendously. Congratulations again mama! Great job!!

Quoting JenMarie87:

Thank you! It has taken me 15 months. I'm sure I could have done it faster but that is what was comfortable for me. I didn't drastically cut my calories or workout every day for hours a day. That is just not for me. lol.

Honestly, the biggest things that helped me were joining MyFitnessPal.com, learning as much as I could about nutrition and how to eat, and cutting out regular pop, sweets, and white carbs. I haven't COMPLETELY cut out sweets and white carbs but I limit them. And logging my calories and exercise on MFP and sticking to the calorie goal they set for me has been a huge help. I honestly don't think I would have made it this far if not for MFP! I try to eat as much whole wheat/whole grain as possible. You can find a whole grain alternative for just about everything - biscuits, pizza crust, bread, buns, tortillas, pasta, cereal, etc. And we do not eat red meat anymore. We eat a lot of chicken, turkey and fish. Any recipe that calls for ground beef can be substituted with ground turkey and you can barely tell the difference. I drink a lot of water... about 12-14  8 oz servings a day. Sometimes I add sugar-free drink mix to it when plain water gets boring... and I still drink 1 diet pop a day ... but mostly water. Also, something that a lot of people don't think about is sodium. If you limit your sodium intake, that alone will help you lose weight. I still buy some processed foods but, whenever possible, I get the reduced-sodium versions. I lost most of it without exercising much.... just the change in diet is what really did most of it. But in the last 3 - 4 months I have started walking on the treadmill 3-5 times a week. And I also signed my family up for a membership at the YMCA the other day so now I will be going there to work out in their fitness center.

Btw, congrats on losing 47 lb! That is great!

Quoting Analeigh2012:

Wow! Congratulations!! I would be jumping up and down... I seem to be stuck at 47 pounds down. How long did it take you to get to this point? What would be your advice to those starting out on their journey, or for someone like me who has plateaued for awhile?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdamsWife16
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Congratulations!  That is awesome!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)