Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I feel like I have been screwed over...HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 10 Replies
Had the mirena for 4-5 years after my first child. Me and the hubby are now ttc #2. Had my mirena removed March 2nd. Af has gotten back to normal pretty much but we can't seem to get pregnant. They say you are supposed to get back your fertility pretty quickly which to me right now is sounding like a load of crap. I have read a lot of horror stories and I'm starting to get worried and I feel like the mirena screwed me over. Why can't I get pregnant?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiki2009
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
It can take healthy couples a year to conceive. Don't stress yet! You are not far into the journey yet. Make sure you get a BBT thermometer and opks so you know when you are ovulating and can bd at the right time. Lots of baby dust to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eChard
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
The average healthy couple takes 6 months to conceive. Some doctors even say give it a year, depending on age. Try temping and opks. They can be very helpful in ttc. Fertilityfriend.com is a great site...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM
i was told that that birth control can cause infatility it did with my friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trying4BabyNum3
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM
IDK anything about the Mirena but i no win was on the Depo shot for 2 yrs 2004-2006 it took about 8 months 2 get my cycle back & i didn't get pregnant til May 2011 which ended n Ectopic then got prego n April 2012 which ended n MC....but i wish U the BEST :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

BC carries many many risk that doctor's dont fully share with their patients. It often times leads to infertility after removal. And an increase in MC. Its  a subject I try to talk about often because so few people know. But it is in the packagin with the small print that you recieve with your BC. I personaly chose that BC wasn't for us because of how it works. Essentially all BC attempts to prevent pregnancy in multiple ways but all BC also will attack an already fertilized egg essentially killing a baby concieved. So that is whay I was so against it. As far as your fertility goes there may be little you can do. Eventually you may concieve on your own when you least expect. Or you may need to get your Dr to help you to concieve. In my opinion the longer you wait after having the BC removed the less likely you are to MC. My sister in law had unexplained infertility after geting her implant removed. And once she finally did get pregnancy she MC. This has happened to a handful of other people I know as well. Matter affact not one person that I KNOW (liek actually know) has not had some sort of issues with infertility after having their BC removed. I am very anti BC LOL Anyway I hope you get it figured out but I really recommend doing your own research about BC and not just listen to your Dr. 

crazynlove78
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
I had mirena for 8mths. Had it removed because we wanted to try again. that was in 06. I didn't get PG until March of last year. I can't b 100% sure mirena caused it. but I do know I'd never had any trouble conceiving until then. I actually had trouble not conceiving before mirena. I got PG using, depo shot, the patch & 2 different BC pills. so idk. but I've read horrible things about it & I actually thinking I wouldn't want anymore after my son as born in 12/2011 considered getting the 10 yr one but my Dr doesn't use it anymore & my insurance wouldn't cover it either.
My Dr said they've had to many complaints. & that he can't even refer anyone to another ob to have one inserted if they're receiving government Medicaid or on blue cross because they wont pay for it anymore. He said because to many were having complications & getting it removed early.
But for all the horror stories there's Twice as many praising it. so I guess like anything it all depends on the person.

I hope it works out for you & you get your bfp soon. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Right. On average, it takes 6 months. Most docs won't check you for fertility issues until a year. Have patience! :) You are still within the normal time frame.

Quoting eChard:

The average healthy couple takes 6 months to conceive. Some doctors even say give it a year, depending on age. Try temping and opks. They can be very helpful in ttc. Fertilityfriend.com is a great site...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM

After I had my son I had a talk with my doc about bc....and he said one of the risks of mirena is possible infertility...but he said its very rare

It can take up to a year for your cycles to regulate after stopping bc...even if you're getting a regular cycle you may not be ovulating yet.
After that year it could take 6months to a year to concieve, thats the average for healthy couples.

sorry :(

CowgirlSoldier
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I am also TTC after Mirena. So far no luck. I had it in for 4 years. :-( 

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:11 AM

I would say try temping and charting...and using opk's...it could be something as simple as missing your most fertile days (I was off by almost a week)
or you may not be ovulating yet....you could always talk to your doc about that I think there's pills or shot they can give you to force ovulation...or I know a lot of ladies try soy and other supplements

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN