Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

What do you think the odds are?? UPDATED

Posted by   + Show Post

Ovulation has occured twice in 2 yrs. Once in March (CD25)and Once in May(CD24). Feb cycle was anovulatory, April cycle was anovulatory, and June's cycle was anovulatory. So I seem to possibly have a pattern going on here. In March I took no supplements. In May I took Soy, EPO, and Cassava. This cycle, which if my body really has a pattern gong on, should be my ovulatory cycle. I am taking Soy, EPO, and Cassava again, but have also added Maca, and B6. If you were me WHEN would you start taking OPKS? I hate wasting my opks so I am trying to narrow it down as much as possible. Also with both of my past two ovualtory cycles I had 3 days of positive Opks. So could I just take an opk every other day? What do you ladies suggest?

Updated since it got bumped up :)  Well ladies I didn't O in July. My chart showed I did with a definate temp rise but it was confirmed by my OB I did not. So I did start Metformin about mid cycle. And now I am on CD 5 and AF is starting to head out. I am NOT temping this cycle after last cycles temp rise without O. So instead I am doing metformin, soy, and opks. Just gonna try and relax this cycle and see what happens. I do see my OB the 3oth (thursday) so I will discuss then upping my metformin dosage and possibly starting fertility drugs after this cycle if we dont conceive. 

Praying for our miracle Baby!

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Replies (51-54):
HJMF
by JoAnna on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I understand what you're saying. It is a 'risk' I get that. I was just saying that the same does not apply to everyone. I guess I just took it as you were trying to say that applied to everyone, no matter what. Guess I misunderstood. :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Just because ur egg quality is at risk of being lower doesn't mean it ALWAYS will be, also just becuz ur egg quality is low doesn't mean u for sure will have a complicated pregnancy, its just a 'risk' factor! Just becuz someone has pcos doesn't mean they won't ovulate BUT its a 'risk', just becuz u r overweight doesn't mean ull get diabetes, BUT its a 'risk'.........that's what it is!

Someone with healthy eggs can have a complicated pregnancy too, but it isn't AS likely........nothing is for certain in life, there are just risks, pros & cons, ups & downs.....its a balance :)

That's all....

Quoting HJMF:

I'm proof that this doesn't apply to everyone. The one cycle I had tracked last year with U/S was a 72 day long cycle. My follicles didn't even start growing until my U/S on cd 21, then they were mature enough to release according to my U/S on cd 30, but they never did. I got more cysts. Which sucked, but the U/S showed it. Also, how would you explain the women that ovulate cd40+ that go on to have a healthy non complicated pregnancy if that was the case? Just wondering.. I can understand if your hormones are working correctly, and you don't O until later, the egg quality not being as good, but in cases where this happens, how would you explain that? Not trying to be rude, just curious as to what your OB might have told you or what you may know/think. :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

I have PCOS & was actually told the same thing mama2gg said, by my OB/RE :/ when I used clomid I was told they wanted me to O before CD20 for the same reason.......interesting!!! Hum, got some research to do lol

Quoting mama2gg:

humm I didn't know she had PCOS sorry :)

Quoting HJMF:

This does not apply to the women who don't O normally or have PCOS. Their follicles/eggs don't even start growing until late in their cycles, so the egg is not old. This only applies to women who have a regular cycle that have hormones that are regulated. Although, I do not know how it applies to anyone taking fertility medication to conceive. And Nora, I would start your OPK's around cd15 and test every day. Just remember, you could O sooner, you just never know! :)

Quoting mama2gg:

oh yeah those are some late o times for sure

have you thought about checking with your OB for other meds to help you O sooner the risk of miscarrage increases by 5% everyday after cd20 that we O

THE ONLY reason I know this is I am a late Oer cd-21-29 and I have 11 losses not ALL because of a late o but its is KNOWN that older eggs dont attach well may save you some heart ache to O sooner seeing the herbs arent doing it

BUT of course that is TOTALLY up to you just throwing it out there..if you are a late Oer I would say start CD19-20

Quoting NoraDun:

Well I only have two cycles to go by. One I Od CD 25 and one I Od CD24

Quoting mama2gg:

Well only the first opk matters the length of the surge won't matter

Depends on when you o when you do

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM
No not at all...its just a general 'rule' so I try to avoid Oing later, since the pregnancy I did conceive later was complicated, granted low progesterone & some of my complications can also be contributed to just pcos in general, I got lucky my baby girl made it here healthy & safe, rather not chance that again :/ to each their own.

Quoting HJMF:

I understand what you're saying. It is a 'risk' I get that. I was just saying that the same does not apply to everyone. I guess I just took it as you were trying to say that applied to everyone, no matter what. Guess I misunderstood. :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Just because ur egg quality is at risk of being lower doesn't mean it ALWAYS will be, also just becuz ur egg quality is low doesn't mean u for sure will have a complicated pregnancy, its just a 'risk' factor! Just becuz someone has pcos doesn't mean they won't ovulate BUT its a 'risk', just becuz u r overweight doesn't mean ull get diabetes, BUT its a 'risk'.........that's what it is!

Someone with healthy eggs can have a complicated pregnancy too, but it isn't AS likely........nothing is for certain in life, there are just risks, pros & cons, ups & downs.....its a balance :)

That's all....

Quoting HJMF:

I'm proof that this doesn't apply to everyone. The one cycle I had tracked last year with U/S was a 72 day long cycle. My follicles didn't even start growing until my U/S on cd 21, then they were mature enough to release according to my U/S on cd 30, but they never did. I got more cysts. Which sucked, but the U/S showed it. Also, how would you explain the women that ovulate cd40+ that go on to have a healthy non complicated pregnancy if that was the case? Just wondering.. I can understand if your hormones are working correctly, and you don't O until later, the egg quality not being as good, but in cases where this happens, how would you explain that? Not trying to be rude, just curious as to what your OB might have told you or what you may know/think. :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

I have PCOS & was actually told the same thing mama2gg said, by my OB/RE :/ when I used clomid I was told they wanted me to O before CD20 for the same reason.......interesting!!! Hum, got some research to do lol

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting HJMF:

This does not apply to the women who don't O normally or have PCOS. Their follicles/eggs don't even start growing until late in their cycles, so the egg is not old. This only applies to women who have a regular cycle that have hormones that are regulated. Although, I do not know how it applies to anyone taking fertility medication to conceive. And Nora, I would start your OPK's around cd15 and test every day. Just remember, you could O sooner, you just never know! :)

Quoting mama2gg:

have you thought about checking with your OB for other meds to help you O sooner the risk of miscarrage increases by 5% everyday after cd20 that we O

THE ONLY reason I know this is I am a late Oer cd-21-29 and I have 11 losses not ALL because of a late o but its is KNOWN that older eggs dont attach well may save you some heart ache to O sooner seeing the herbs arent doing it

BUT of course that is TOTALLY up to you just throwing it out there..if you are a late Oer I would say start CD19-20

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HJMF
by JoAnna on Aug. 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Agreed. No one deserves to go through anything rough like that. It's scary and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Glad your DD is healthy and growing strong. :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

No not at all...its just a general 'rule' so I try to avoid Oing later, since the pregnancy I did conceive later was complicated, granted low progesterone & some of my complications can also be contributed to just pcos in general, I got lucky my baby girl made it here healthy & safe, rather not chance that again :/ to each their own.

Quoting HJMF:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

That's all....

Quoting HJMF:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting HJMF:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting mama2gg:

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Aug. 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it was very scarey, after 13 wks we had no more bleeding or anything like that but the whole pregnancy was still hard, I made it to 38w6d to our suprise & had a beautiful 9 lb 12.8 oz & 22.2" baby girl :) it was worth the struggle but I never want to do that again if I can help it!!!

Quoting HJMF:

Agreed. No one deserves to go through anything rough like that. It's scary and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Glad your DD is healthy and growing strong. :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting HJMF:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

That's all....

Quoting HJMF:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting HJMF:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN