Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Wanted to share...Facebook status!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

And for the sake of being thorough I will share it exactly the way I posted it LOL :D Best insight I have for new or first time Moms. I hope you like it!!

Something on my mind tonight I want to share....growing up I was given all kinds of advice, pointers if you will about how hard raising children were. I heard "Pregnancy is horrible" "Birth is the worst" "Wait until your up every hour feeding a teething infant" "No you just wait for those terrible twos" "Oh no trust me its the three's that are the worst" "Girl you just wait until they are teenagers!" Obviously I can't speak on the last quote but I have to be honest, Pregnancy was amazing. I created and carried life. Birth was unexplainable because I brought life into this world, pure and amazing! I loved every minute of nursing my infants and holding them through the night. Watching them walk, and speak for the first time was remarkable. Seeing their personalities grow and them learn all these knew things through trial and error and YES discipline.Has it always peaceful and simple. NO, but in my opinion these steps of life were easy. What no one told me, what no one explained when I talked about wanting to become a mother, what no one was honest about was what I believe to be the truly hard part of parenting. Wanting what is best for your child. Nothing is more difficult then wanting to give your child the best, then stressing over what you may be doing wrong as a parent, how you may ultimately screw your child up. That is the hardest part of being a parent. EVERYDAY a new fear comes to mind....its not how horrible will Laylah be when she turns 3, its OH MY GOODNES how can I make sure she is the healthiest smartiest sweetiest little girl possible. How can I be sure she knows she is loved? How can I make sure that she is safe! I dont think, what will I do with Xavier and Malachi when they turn into teenagers, I think how can I make sure they grow into the godly young men I want them to be? How can I make sure they build confidence in themselves? How can I make sure they knows how special they are? Nothing has been harder as a parent then wanting to be the best for them, do the best for them, make the best decisions for them? And nothing is hard then worrying that I as a parent will make mistakes and trusting that no matter those mistakes they no that I love them, and God loves them!! Pregnancy is easy, Birth is a piece of cake, twos and threes...Ha thats nothing. Ask me again during those teenage years but I truly believe the hardest part is worrying and wanting the best for your children!!! That is my book for the night. It was on my mind and I wanted to share. God Bless and Good night!

Sorry for the misprints....newest concern..."HOW am I going to teach my children to spell when I can't do so myself!" HAHA

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kloiesmommy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I looooooove this! I kinda wanna steal it and change the names because it is soooooo true! Amazing and thanks for sharing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Love! So so true!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM

LOL your welcome to!! I am glad you liked it. It was on my heart and something I wanted to share. Its amazing how much advice I have gotten over the years and how little I have found to be true. Thats not to say that their aren't difficult times with any child BUT NONE compair to the stress I feel for wanting what is absolutely best for them. Never wanting them to know pain, or feel sad. Always wanting to be the best I can be for them, ETC. Bring them into this world and physically raising them up (clothing them, feeding them, etc) is the easy part! Thank you again, I am so glad you liked it!

Quoting Kloiesmommy:

I looooooove this! I kinda wanna steal it and change the names because it is soooooo true! Amazing and thanks for sharing!!!

emilymamae
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Loved it!!! Im pregnant with my first and you just made me more excited for what is about to come! Thank you!!
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I am glad I could help :) Congrats! 

Quoting emilymamae:

Loved it!!! Im pregnant with my first and you just made me more excited for what is about to come! Thank you!!

AdamsWife16
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely love this.  

Armygirl2299703
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I loved this.and have many of the same fears..specially as a single mom.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Thanks ladies!!

mommymary6507
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

love this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN