Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

soft cups

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
  • 11 Replies
If I started using soft cups, would that increase my chances of bfp? If so, how would I use them? I have never worn a soft cup before... Or even thought about it. How long would u leave it in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mz.juice23
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM
I've heard of them working for some woman. I've been using them since march but nothing yet. When you put it in you make sure that the side that doesn't collect the blood is pointing up so it holds the sperm on the cervix. They can be left in for 12 hours. Like when we baby dance at might he puts it in for me and i leave it in until the morning and then take it out but if you do it during the day then leave it in for a few hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annemarie11
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:26 PM
It seems difficult to insert. I have read the reviews and some say you can even place semen into it before inserting..... How do you know you have placed it in correctly? And could it fall out of placed wrong?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz.juice23
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Well for me to get used to it i used it for AF to figure out how to insert it. Basically you push the inside of it out and squeeze the side together and put it in. It goes only about a finger up and then you push it towards your stomach. You can put sperm in it before you put it in but i wouldn't trust it too much. We tried that too but my hubby has low count and motility. So it just might work for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annemarie11
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Both me and mine are hoping. Both of us want one so bad. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz.juice23
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Girl i feel you. My hubby and i have been trying so hard for years on end for a baby and nothing has happened yet. Its a long and stressful process but in the end its all worth it :) I've been telling hubby i want to give up for the past two years but he won't let me lol i cried this morning when i tested and it was negative. I had almost every symptom for pregnancy but i guess not. One say we will both have or little bundle of joys so don't give up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orangeshirt
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I currently use a Diva Cup for AF and, from what I know, the soft cup is similar but larger. Does it look sort of like a funnel? If so, why would you want to put it in upside down like you are describing? Or am I just totally confused?

Quoting mz.juice23:

I've heard of them working for some woman. I've been using them since march but nothing yet. When you put it in you make sure that the side that doesn't collect the blood is pointing up so it holds the sperm on the cervix. They can be left in for 12 hours. Like when we baby dance at might he puts it in for me and i leave it in until the morning and then take it out but if you do it during the day then leave it in for a few hours

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annemarie11
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM
I didn't know you place then upside down. I haven't even bought any. Just exploring my options first. I just got AF back after a year of her being gone and I'm ready to start BDing like crazy:-) thought this month would be the month but turns or it wasn't:-( anyone know of any other methods that have worked?

Quoting orangeshirt:

I currently use a Diva Cup for AF and, from what I know, the soft cup is similar but larger. Does it look sort of like a funnel? If so, why would you want to put it in upside down like you are describing? Or am I just totally confused?

Quoting mz.juice23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annemarie11
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM
It is so worth it in the end. :-) I just feel so pressured because all my girl friends are having them:-( 2 had them the last few years of high school, another is due any day and come to find out one of my girlfriends that had one in high school is trying for number 2. Worst part is she keeps rubbing it in it seems. Her and her fiancé lived with me and my hubby for a year and knows we have been trying. I just don't get it:'( it kills me that they are trying for number 2 when they can't care for their first one. Plus she even told me she didn't want any more because they are hard work and blah blah blah, when the entire time she lived with us I took care of their son. Which made me want one even more:'( I just don't understand

Quoting mz.juice23:

Girl i feel you. My hubby and i have been trying so hard for years on end for a baby and nothing has happened yet. Its a long and stressful process but in the end its all worth it :) I've been telling hubby i want to give up for the past two years but he won't let me lol i cried this morning when i tested and it was negative. I had almost every symptom for pregnancy but i guess not. One say we will both have or little bundle of joys so don't give up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz.juice23
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM
When i say upside down i mean the regular way collects the blood but if you put it in the other way it will hold the sperm. Idk my hubby read it on the internet lol. About your friend that's rude of her. I can't say much about wanting more and not being able to afford them singer i have three and trying for my forth lol but try your best to ignore her because the stress level of dealing with it will only hurt your ttc more it talk to her and explain how you feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annemarie11
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I would if it was worth it. I have just been ignoring her. Nothing I say to her to try and make things better do any good. She's just one of those people. And I will look into the Diva cup. Which would you think is better? I havent heard much about the diva cup, just the soft cup. But anything is worth a shot:) Thanks!

Quoting mz.juice23:

When i say upside down i mean the regular way collects the blood but if you put it in the other way it will hold the sperm. Idk my hubby read it on the internet lol. About your friend that's rude of her. I can't say much about wanting more and not being able to afford them singer i have three and trying for my forth lol but try your best to ignore her because the stress level of dealing with it will only hurt your ttc more it talk to her and explain how you feel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)