Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I know this is way off topic but

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 18 Replies
You guys are the only people who I feel give the best advice and actually answer my questions =]

Anywho

We are kinda going back and forth with phasing out ds nap it seems. He wakes up at 8 am, naps at 3pm, sleeps an hr (if that) and is in bed/asleep at 9.

If he doesn't nap, he gets cranky around 5/6pm and ends up passing out on the couch or if we are in the car. Even if he sleeps no more than 10/20minutes in the car, he doesn't fall asleep at night till 10/11... Which just can't be happening

My problem is the past couple days he hasn't taken a nap. Tonight and last night he's woken up at midnight. Just wakes up and acts like all he did was nap. Last night he was up for about an hour before going back to sleep. We'll see how tonight goes....

I don't know what to do. Do i keep the nap? Continue to not let him nap? He obviously can't be waking up every night like this. He's not waking up from nightmares and it's not night terrors. I can't put ds down for nap earlier because then he just won't nap.

.......thoughts?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sissy852
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM
keep the nap he needs it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiesPNut
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Thanks! I probably will. Just curious, do you feel that his nap is too late in the day?
Quoting sissy852:

keep the nap he needs it

terpmama
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Start workingthe nap backwards.. In 15 minute increments... Or institute "quiet time" after lunch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommiesPNut
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I'll try working his naps backwards. My aunt had quiet time for her daughter and she would look through books and play quietly with her stuffies and sometimes fell asleep. My ds won't stay in his room long enough and do that, lol we've tried. Thanks though!
Quoting terpmama:

Start workingthe nap backwards.. In 15 minute increments... Or institute "quiet time" after lunch

AshBaldwin011
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:45 AM

my daughter does this too, she is 19 months. We never forced bed times or naps, she put herself on her own schedule. Somedays she is really good and other days we fight it. Best thing is to remain calm and patient. They know anxiety and also make sure all noise is down, dont bring attention to the fact they are awake...hope you get some sleep!

sissy852
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:43 AM
not really to late in the day. Especially since he only naps for a hour.

Quoting MommiesPNut:

Thanks! I probably will. Just curious, do you feel that his nap is too late in the day?
Quoting sissy852:

keep the nap he needs it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dreamtobeamom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:03 AM

keep th nap for a while.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM
I lay my daughter down between 1 and 2. She has no pricked GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:41 AM
Joey is 14 months and keeps two naps still to keep us all sain. :)
It's ok to keep the nap!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Sounds like he still needs it honey

How old is he ?

My ds still naps he is almost 5 he gets veryyyyg cranky with no nap about 5 as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)