Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TMI Warning Pic!! Ladies would you consider this CM to be hazardous to sperm?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

First can I as you ladies to please pray I ovulate between now and Friday. Hubby's goes back to work Saturday night and that is another 5 days straight. We are gonna bed every other day...but I really want it to happen this week :)

The reason I ask is because I am on CD 14. And I think my opks are getting darker (Unless I am just hopelessly imagining things) Yesterday and today my cervix has been high. But this afternoon my cervix is also soft and open. All great signs right....YEAP UNTIL you see my CM. I also considered this infertile CM and probably impossible for sperm to really survive in. But tell me what you think?? Do you think its possible I could still ovulate soon even with seeing the CM? Or do you think my body is just playing tricks on me? Sorry for posting pics ladies...I know they are always our favorite posts LOL

Here are a couple of pics along with my OPKS. (BUT here is the catch. When I took it I had literally just peed, checked my CM, then thought to myself...maybe I should take an opk. So I squeezed enough drops out to use the test LOL so I am not sure if you could consider it accurate since I didn't hold my pee even 2 min LOL)

ANNOYINGLY this pic for some reason looks lighter on my computer screen then it does on my camera or in person. If I tilt my screen in a certin way its like it looks in real life but if its tilted off it looks super light GRR But it looks really close like maybe I actually will O sooner then August 8th/9th. What do you think ladies....I am just so confused

WARNING BELOW ARE CERVICAL MUCUS PHOTOS!!!

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eChard
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:33 PM
That looks like after o cm. I had very similar cm and never had the ewcm. I started taking epo and it helped thin out my cm and get more ewcm like at ovulation. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Well I know I haven't Od yet. And I am also on EPO. I am taking the max dose 3,000 mg a day. I am so bummed. I dont know what my body is doing. 

Quoting eChard:

That looks like after o cm. I had very similar cm and never had the ewcm. I started taking epo and it helped thin out my cm and get more ewcm like at ovulation. Good luck!

eChard
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Try something like robatussin to help thin out the cm???

Quoting NoraDun:

Well I know I haven't Od yet. And I am also on EPO. I am taking the max dose 3,000 mg a day. I am so bummed. I dont know what my body is doing. 

Quoting eChard:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I have mucinex, but should I take it WHILE taking EPO??

Quoting eChard:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting eChard:

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM
For almost 2 years after stoping depo my CM was like this. I DID get pregnant in december with my CM like this unfortunatly I MC due to totally unrelated issues obviously... but in april it started like this and thined out to the most beautiful ewcm I had EVER had..ever ! And I ended up with a bfp :).. give it a few days it may start to thin !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eChard
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I don't see why not. People take epo for all different reasons and mucinex if you have a cold. I don't think it would hurt anything as long as you thin out that mucous...

Quoting NoraDun:

I have mucinex, but should I take it WHILE taking EPO??

Quoting eChard:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting eChard:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:57 PM

It was thinner yesterday so I was thinking maybe today I would end up with EWCM but nope LOL The last cycle I Od in May it did that and I had beautful EWCM but I didn't concieve :( So hopefully it will thin. The two times I have Od its been cd 24/25 so I am gonna be shocked if I O so soon. BUT I am on B6 and Maca this cycle which I wasn't on in past cycles and I took Soy on cd 5-9 instead of 3-7 like last time. So maybe it will make me O sooner!

Quoting nikkifam5:

For almost 2 years after stoping depo my CM was like this. I DID get pregnant in december with my CM like this unfortunatly I MC due to totally unrelated issues obviously... but in april it started like this and thined out to the most beautiful ewcm I had EVER had..ever ! And I ended up with a bfp :).. give it a few days it may start to thin !

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Thank you ladies!!

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Thats what my cm looks like most of my cycle lol so I am no help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aussiechic
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

the first cycle i took EPO, i drank lots of water and had lots of EWCM (without epo... no ewcm)  The second cycle i took EPO i didn't drink near as much water and had almost no EWCM... just from personal experience i needed to drink A LOT of water with the EPO to get the desired CM.  GL to you

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting eChard:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)