Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Follow my IVF journey!! *UPDATE*3/21 w/links

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:42 PM
  • 426 Replies
45 moms liked this

Alright ladies! Time to break out the big guns of fertility treatment! I have been TTC for 5 years now for #1 with no luck so it's time to move on to IVF. I already did my two weeks of bcp's and I am on day 9 of my Lupron injections. Tomorrow I go in for my baseline u/s and b/w and hopefully I will be able to start my stimming injections tomorrow as well. It would be amazing if I could have your support while I go through this. I will be making updates here and I hope you ladies follow me on this journey!

8/3 Update- So I went in today for my ultrasound and blood work and everything looks great! I got the green light to start my stimming injections tomorrow night! It's going to be a busy week! I'm kinda glad because it will help the days go by faster. I will have to be monitored closely next week to make sure I am responding well to the meds. I already have the first couple of appointments set up for the 6th and 8th. So exciting to have things finally moving along!

8/9 Update- I went in yesterday for more blood work and an u/s. It was my first look at my follicles after 4 days of the injections. It was a rather disappointing visit. I only have 4 follicles. I'm hoping I'm just a slow responder and I will have a few more show up by tomorrows u/s. I'm trying really hard to stay positive but I'm finding it very difficult. I hate that there is a possibility of having this cycle cancelled! I will update again tomorrow!

8/10 Update-Things are looking up! It has been a depressing couple of days for me. I was upset about the possibility of having my cycle cancelled but today my RE gave the okay to continue on with this cycle! I had another u/s today and it showed a couple more follicles. He had a hard time looking at my right ovary and could only see and measure 2 but I'm hoping that there is 1 or 2 more in there just hiding. I am so relieved!! My next u/s is scheduled for Sunday and I am keeping my fingers crossed for more good news!

8/12 Update- I had yet another u/s today. This time my RE counted 7 follicles. They measure from 10-21. I go in again on Tuesday for another u/s. More than likely I will be doing my trigger on Tuesday as well and ER is looking like it will be on Thursday! So excited!

8/14 Today's ultrasound showed 11 follicles!! Most are mature now but there are a couple that still need somee catching up. I will be taking 450 iu's of Gonal-f tonight to help boost those along. My trigger shot will be at 10:30pm tonight and my egg retrieval is set for 9:30am on Thursday!

8/16-I fianlly had my egg retrieval (ER) today! The were able to retrieve 13 eggs! Tomorrow morning I will get a fertilization report. Hopefully I get some good news! Right now I am at home resting. I'm having some cramping so it feels so good just to lounge on the sofa with a heating pad. I was allowed to take some Tylenol and that is helping a lot as well. I will update again as soon as I hear how my embryo's are doing!

8/17- I finally got the call from the embryologist! Out of the 13 eggs retrieved only 10 were mature. Out of the 10 mature eggs 9 have fertilized! I honestly cried when she gave me the news! It was such a relief to hear good news. I am set for a 5 day transfer which will be on Tuesday! I hope they continue to develop nicely so we can have some good quality embryo's to transfer!

8/21-Today was the big day! I am officially PUPO!! Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise haha. DH and I weren't positive on how many embryo's we wanted to transfer. I kept going back and forth between 1 and 2 but the embryologist helped us make the final decision. She said I had a top quality 'textbook perfect' 4AA blast and she strongly recommended we only transfer 1. Hubby and I gave it some thought and agreed to go with her recommendation. I now have one little perfect embryo in me! I have 3 other embryos that also made it to blast and they will be frozen. They said that there was one more that could possible be frozen as well but they have to give it more time to see if it develops to where they need it to first. I so hope that this little embryo gets nice and comfy in there for 9 months! My beta is scheduled for September 1st but I possibly will test at home in a week and I will of course update you all if I do!

8/29-I was wanting to wait until Saturday to update but a few of you girls were asking about an update today so here is what is going on so far. I tested this morning on 8dp5dt (frer) which basically is equivalent to 13dpo and I got a BFN. It doesn't look good ladies. I've been upset about it all day and trying to come to terms with the fact that this cycle was a bust. The only thing that is making this bearable is the fact that I have 3 frozen embryos left. I think my clinic likes for you to take a cycle off so I may be looking at a frozen embryo transfer in late October early November. This is just a guess as I am going off of a FET protocol I found online.

I will update once again on Saturday after my beta results. I know some people say it isn't over until beta but I honestly feel this is a failed cycle and I'm trying to come to terms with it now before I get that phone call on Saturday.

9/1-Today was my official testing day. I went in for my beta this morning and I got that dreaded phone call a couple hours ago. Doc said 'I'm sorry but I don't have good news'. I was totally expecting it yet it didn't make it any easier to hear. I will stop all my meds today and should be expecting AF to come soon. I will have to sit a cycle out before I can do a frozen embryo transfer (FET). I am fortunate that I at least have some frozen embryos since the FET process will be much easier. I am looking forward to trying again in October! Next time we will definitely be transferring two embryos.

I want to say a huge thank you to all you wonderful ladies. All your support has meant so much to me and I am very grateful! I am still very hopeful that it will eventually happen for me, I just hope that time is soon!

Would you ladies be interested in me updating you all during my FET??

Once again, thank you so much for all the love! You girls rock!!!

****************************************************************************************

More Updates!!

****************************************************************************************

Follow my IVF/FET Journey Part 2: http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/17313674/Follow_my_IVF_FET_journey_Pt_2_Update_11_4_HPT_results_PIC

and here is Part 3: http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/17573347/Follow_my_IVF_FET_Journey_Pt_3_Update_11_30_7_week_U_S_pic

17 week update on twins: http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/18045553/Update_on_my_IVF_FET_Twins_2_8_13

20 week bump pic: http://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/18143109/20_week_twin_bump

I am now 23 weeks as of March 20th!

pregnancy

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GibsonSD92
by Shannon on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM
5 moms liked this
You have our support day and night momma. Good luck to you! Can't wait to hear an awesome update! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dizzydream
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! I hope it all goes perfectly!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!! GOOD LUCK :) Hope you get a baby or two or three ;)

Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Aww thank you so much! You just made a very hormonal woman tear up! lol

Quoting GibsonSD92:

You have our support day and night momma. Good luck to you! Can't wait to hear an awesome update! :)

Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much!

Quoting dizzydream:

Good luck! I hope it all goes perfectly!

Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Thanks!! Just one or two will do! lol  I can't imagine any more than that at once!

Quoting amy31308:

Yay!! GOOD LUCK :) Hope you get a baby or two or three ;)

Logansmommy0810
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Good Luck!!!!  Can't wait to hear the updates :)

Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Aug. 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Thank you!!!

Quoting Logansmommy0810:

Good Luck!!!!  Can't wait to hear the updates :)

wantinababygirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Best of luck to you & I can't wait to see ultrasounds of a precious baby...or babies ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiKaLa88
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Eeeek!! I'm just so darn excited for you! Have I told you that yet? hehe :)

smilefingers crossed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured