Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you doing with your ttc time?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you getting ready?

Options:

Putting money aside every month for necessary baby items.

Buying something each week/month baby related.

We already have everything needed, just need the baby.

We have nothing but plan on getting things while ttc.

We have nothing, and don't plan on getting anything til BFP.

Have a few things, but not doing anything else right now.

Other

We are buying things and saving as well.

We have things already and we are still going to add.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

We are ttc #4. When we were trying for #2, 4 years into ttc, my husband brought home a gift bag with a gender neutral sleeper inside. Over the next 4 years each month we bought something gender neutral or put the money away to get a "big-ticket" item once the money was saved up.

By the time she came we had some many diapers, gender neutral clothes, we even were buying gender specific clothes after the closet, drawers and baskets got full of the neutral items (we wound up donating all unneeded baby ite,s to the women's shelter), shampoo, powder... etc. Everything we needed and then some!! We had the crib, car seat, bassinets, playpens, swings, rockers etc...

We still have everything from her (she is now 2 and a half) and everything from ds who is now 1 (July 26th.) We would just need another crib for Phoenix (#4). And we have already started putting the money aside for that!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krissy920
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

after my 2nd child i realized we really over buy,. This time just gonna buy a play pen and some onsies we never used half the other things we waysted money ( both kids hated bouncy chairs and swings.. and the  bouncearoo things, we hated diaper genies, bottle warmers and most every other  baby item never got used)  I saved both of my kids bedding to  put into their hope chests so i may buy new bedding but good chance i wont. If i get pregnant with a girl ill never need to buy an article of clothings since my DD does boutique modeling and shes got more clothes then a childrens place store lol. If we have a boy ill have to buy clothing. So i guess we have everything just need a baby :)

Byrd15
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM
We're trying to get baby #2 but we have stuff from Joey that we will use! I don't plan on buying till as find the gender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxbyamomentx
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM
We have a few baby related items laying around, but I won't buy much of anything until we know the gender.
orangeshirt
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I've saved every stitch of clothing from both girls, just in case (there's a lot of gender neutral baby clothing in the lot). We do cloth diapers, so with the exception of some newborn sized cloth, we are set there. We've got a crib that barely has been used by my second daughter. Toys are filling up the garage, as well as strollers (which we never use anyway), a bouncer, car seats, etc. We are pretty ready, but if we have a boy I'd like to decorate with airplanes since my hubs loves them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohmandy
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:16 AM

i voted "have nothing" but thats not really true, we have stuff from ds... and i am saving, but thats more if i am pregnant now and can take some unpaid maternity time (which is my big thing about getting pregnant now!)  i do plan on buying things like diapers over the nine months... but waiting for the bfp :)

usmcwife28543
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:17 AM
We have things that I refuse to get rid of from our son but can't bring myself to buy anything until BFP In my opinion it would make me hurt worse in the end with all this baby stuff and no luck on conceiving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM

We have some stuff from our previous kiddos, but I enjoy shopping! We aren't saving for a baby, and we aren't shopping for one yet either. Just gonna wait until I get my BFP and then Hubby tends to let me loose in town to buy up what I want LOL. This time around we are homebirthing and wont find out the gender so there will be lots of baby neutral stuff for uss

Latvia
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM

i have two boys, so i pretty much have all the baby stuff :) if it's a girl, i'll just add some pink to the mix!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM

This is so true!! With out first we went all out buying all the matching stuff, swings, cribs, bouncers, strollers, etc etc and majority of it wasn't used. I told Hubby children are so much cheaper then we make them out to be. It really doesn't take much to bring them into this world and make them happy. We aren't buying much of anything next time around. I will make my own cloth diapers and sling. I will need a carseat (I dont like to reuse carseats so I gave my daughters to my neice so we will need another) and a few onezies and thats all. 

Quoting krissy920:

after my 2nd child i realized we really over buy,. This time just gonna buy a play pen and some onsies we never used half the other things we waysted money ( both kids hated bouncy chairs and swings.. and the  bouncearoo things, we hated diaper genies, bottle warmers and most every other  baby item never got used)  I saved both of my kids bedding to  put into their hope chests so i may buy new bedding but good chance i wont. If i get pregnant with a girl ill never need to buy an article of clothings since my DD does boutique modeling and shes got more clothes then a childrens place store lol. If we have a boy ill have to buy clothing. So i guess we have everything just need a baby :)

amy31308
by Ashlee on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Were TTC number 3... We have everything but I'm selling boy clothes and and our stroller/carseat combo, swing soon. The clothes will be 5 years old before I get to use them and would prefer new/er clothes. Swing I want an upgraded gender neutral and the carseat will expire within 2 years.

We are saving for a house right now but will buy baby things once I'm pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured