Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Why do I ovulate on the same day as my first +OPK??

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have always heard you are supposed to O within 12 to 24 hours after your positive. This is my second month using OPKs and the second month that my BBT chart shows my dip on the same day as my first positive test. This month, my temperatures have been kind of low because I've started cutting calories to get in better shape for a pregnancy, but I'm not starving myself or anything. I watched my OPKs gradually get darker, throughout the day, so I know I didn't catch the tail end of a surge or anything like that. 

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
alonebutnot
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I'm just as lost if not more than you but gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalloryR
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting alonebutnot:

I'm just as lost if not more than you but gl!

Thanks, you too!
mr.scariesmommy
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk I usually have two days of positive opks my chart was all over the place this month since I have been sick so I'm just going off the opks. Hope you get your bfp soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sourchick2
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. Im not sure. Dumb luck? Lol. First.cycle temping and opks. My temp went up today. Hope it dont mean o cuz I been using opks never got a positive yet lol. Gl and baby dust!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MalloryR
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Yeah, I don't know. I doubt it's a terrible thing because I guess I'm still ovulating. 

kelly617
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

How many days of positive do you have after?
maybe its a good thing...like your egg is SO ready to go that as soon as your surge its "Its off!!"

I'm the opposite....I have 48hrs of positive tests and THEN I ovulate (usually the same day I get the first negative)

MalloryR
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I was always told to just stop testing after your first positive, so I don't know.

Quoting kelly617:

How many days of positive do you have after?
maybe its a good thing...like your egg is SO ready to go that as soon as your surge its "Its off!!"

I'm the opposite....I have 48hrs of positive tests and THEN I ovulate (usually the same day I get the first negative)

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I get a temp rise the day after my first opk signalling that I O the day of my opk as well!

Lexi27
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Maybe chart all of it look for the pattern, all methods .... Find the link for exact days...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)