Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 1 of IVF treatment

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM
  • 26 Replies

After two and a half years of trying, Clomid, Femara, Follistem, 4 IUI's we are now moving on to IVF.  Today I started my Luperon shot. I'm an nervous and excited and still in shock that it has come to this.  We are your typical unexplained infertile couple and it has been a very long two and a half years. I was wondering if anyone on here has been though IVF and has any advice, warnings, or words of wisdom.

My first round of IVF I ended up with a blighted ovum.  After I miscarried my husband and I decided to take a break.  I started to focus on myself.  Getting healthy, losing weight, got hooked on juicing and started eating all organic food.  Last Monday I found out that I am pregnant.  All on my own.  No doctors and no medications!  A true miracle!! I am nervous beyond belife, but I continue to pray and count my blessings.  I go in on Wednesday for my first ultrasound.  Asking for prayers to hear and see a heart beat!!! 

Never lose hope ladies!!!

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michel_vb33
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I can not give any advice but do wish you lots of baby dust.  We have also been trying for about 2 years and will be doing IVF this month.  Please keep us updated on how it goes.

tcassio5
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Thank you!! When will you be starting? We can compare meds. :) If you don't mind me asking do they know what the issue may be? At first they thought my right tube was blocked but when they checked it the last time it was fine. Since everything is "ok" we are hoping this works. Its so expensive. My insurance only covers part of the monitoring. I know in the end it will be worth it. I'm feeling very positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you get that BFP very soon!

michel_vb33
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Quoting tcassio5:

Thank you!! When will you be starting? We can compare meds. :) If you don't mind me asking do they know what the issue may be? At first they thought my right tube was blocked but when they checked it the last time it was fine. Since everything is "ok" we are hoping this works. Its so expensive. My insurance only covers part of the monitoring. I know in the end it will be worth it. I'm feeling very positive.

I hope to start when I get my next period which should be here about the 18th. I think we start with taking birth control for 21 days. They said that is to quiet everything down. Then get another period and then start injections. I will find out for sure from my dr next week what my plan will be.
Did you do a round of birth control also?

I am going to do IVF with PGD because I have had 5 miscarriages. The last two babies were tested and both had chromosome issues. Both were boys and caused by the egg not splitting correctly resulting with an extra chromosome.

It is expensive! My insurance does not cover much of it and I am hoping the the PGD will make the difference. I do not want to go through another miscarriage :(
unspecified42
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! I've done three rounds of IVF (though not because of infertility). The procedure itself really isn't bad, and success rates are pretty high, soI have a good feeling for you!! Wear green for good luck and drink some pineapple juice!

cnlsmommy
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck momma! I did my ivf in July and am now pregnant with my second baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tcassio5
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Thank you!!! I feel really good about it!! Did any of you ever use Luperon? Did u ever have lower back pain from it?
tcassio5
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Will def be praying for you! What is PGD? I was put on birth control 2 weeks before I started injections. I am taking it till day 5 of my IVF treatment. I go back in day 10 to see how I'm responding to the meds and then that will determine when I start my other meds. We are doing ICSI and I am hoping to have enough eggs to freeze some. I was very pushy with my RE about putting no less then two in. My RE can be on the conservative side. :)
Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey there! I am doing the Long Lupron Protocol as well. Today was my 14th Lupron shot and day 4 of stims. I haven't had many s/e from the Lupron except for feeling a little more tired than usual. We are doing ICSI also and hoping to transfer two embryos! Please keep us updated! Best of luck to you!

wantababybadly
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I hope it works the first time for you. It's not that bad so don't worry too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured