Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Short tubes = Shorter Implantation Times??

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 2 Replies
I had my tr on Sept 14, 2011. I got pregnant in Nov 2011 and miscarried Dec 2011. I was just recently pregnant last month. Both times nothing showed up in the ultra sound and the blood tests indicated low levels. I had an hsg done in May 2012 which showed my tubes weren't blocked, but I bled for 3 weeks after. It was the weirdest thing. My boyfriend and I found out we were pregnant on July 12 only to start bleeding on Friday, July 13 and miscarry July 14. It was so... sudden and yet quickly gone... My gyn told me the egg didn't have enough time to implant due to my small tubes L3.5 and R2. He has me on progesterone starting day 15 or after bbt indicates I have ovulated. Hopefully this will help me maintain a pregnancy. So far my bbt is showing a triphastic chart. I'm wondering if that is from the extra progesterone or a symptom of pregnancy. My period tracker says AF is due on Aug 11. I guess we'll see. So my question is: Short tubes = short implantation times?? Has anyone had a full term pregnancy as a short tuber? I need information from others going through the same thing, what they did to stay pregnant, etc. above all I want to hope this will happen... soon.
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
dj_kern
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I to have had a tubal reversal but i don't believe I have short tubes like you do.  Dr who performed the surgery didn't tell me the lengths but in the report he said a very small amount of tube was removed when the tl was performed. But i have heard from gals who have short tubes and were put on progesteron to maintain the pregnancy and to make sure the uterus was ready for the fertilized egg when it gets to the uters. Have you posted this in the tubal reversal groups? if not i suggest you do there are a bunch of gals who might be able to help you more. Good Luck

jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, we are pretty cool chics in the tubal reversal groups! :)

Quoting dj_kern:

I to have had a tubal reversal but i don't believe I have short tubes like you do.  Dr who performed the surgery didn't tell me the lengths but in the report he said a very small amount of tube was removed when the tl was performed. But i have heard from gals who have short tubes and were put on progesteron to maintain the pregnancy and to make sure the uterus was ready for the fertilized egg when it gets to the uters. Have you posted this in the tubal reversal groups? if not i suggest you do there are a bunch of gals who might be able to help you more. Good Luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN