Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How involved is your Hubby in the TTC process?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

Our poor men, what they go through and do for us LOL. How involved is your Hubby in the TTC process??

How involved is my Hubby...WELL:

-He occasionally gets involved in the act of bedding. Generally only after I explain how I can't get myself preggo :)

-He excitedly announces almost after every bedding that "WE just made a BABY!" (Which my other post discussed in more detail LOL) 

-He loves to ask me every 2ww when I can test, because obviously every 2ww before that has slipped out of his min (On his behalf I have only Od twice in two years so he is new to this 2ww LOL)

-He is OH so supportive while I am testing in that he always gets my hopes up by saying "Oh hunny it could be to early for a positive right" No matter what dpo I am. When in reality it was his fault I tested to early in the first place because....WELL HE KEPT ASKING WHEN I COULD TAKE THE STINKING TEST LOL

-And when AF arrives he is kind enough to assue me the next cycle will go my way!!

Of coarse this doesn't include the number of times he has come up with suggestions on how certain "things" can increase our chances of conception. You know...things like rubbing his back, cooking his favorite meal, over all just pampering him LOL. Yea he totally plays that card...because a woman can't concieve others. And it doesn't include the number of times I have asked him to go to the store and get me a preganancy test and even though I tell him which kind I want HE ALWAYS brings home the wrong type...or MY FAVORITE...when he brings home an ovulation test. Then I look at him and say Hubby "Its an ovulation test?" His response "Yea?" (With a proud grin like a dog who deserves a bone LOL) "Hunny I can't use this to see if I am pregnant...this is for ovulation" And the typical male respones 'Heck what do I know...it looked like a stick you pee on. I assumed they were all the same! Can't you just try it?" LOL Then I walk away with a slight roll of the eye saying "sure dear" LOL

On a serious note my Husband is absolutely amazing through the TTC process. He keeps me smiling through it all. And I think we all know how hard that can be. So share how involved your Hubby is in the TTC process...Good or bad :)

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystyneh
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Well my husband is an over the road truck driver so I see him twice a month sometimes 3 times a month. He is very involved tho and it's funny he's the one that keeps track of when my AF shows and all of that lol I keep track also but its like he knows everything before I do lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this

My DH is very willing to drop everything & BD when I tell him we need to.  He's the rare male who doesn't feel pressured & have performance issues because of it - he just does his thing when I tell him he needs to. :)

He bucks me up when I need it.

He pays attention when I want to talk about where I am.

He's willing to do any testing required.  The last time he got tested, it was his idea.  He was very willing to say "hey, I may be the problem, how about I go get tested".

He doesn't get involved in the nitty gritty, but he's there for me every time I need him.

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Well I couldn't very well do it without him, so very envolved LOL!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Not much, he just has sex lol
alyssaravensmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Cute :). He is invovled. He cut out caffenie, he always buys my tests, he anxiously awaits with a smile on his face when I come out of the bathroom. When i'm not in the mood, he reminds me that we are trying to make a baby lol, we talk about it all :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeVahDee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM
My fiancee is all in the process. Even though he still doesn't understand the concept of an ovulation test quite fully. Everytime he sees two lines he thinks its positive lol. He sometimes understands but the only problem I have with him is that he usually wants to bed twice a day and I have to tell him that we can't do it too much his sperm has to build back up. Lol when AF comes he's just like ok we gonna make it this time. And when I feel like testing even when sometimes its late in the night cause I've actually asked him a few times to run to the 24hr pharmacy odd hours in the morning for a pregnancy test.
He's been great and understanding throughout the process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjames004
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Ttc was dh idea and he has been the gratest....and now that I'm 16 weeks preggo he seem to be the most joyful thing around.....and its # 4 for us lol i love him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Latvia
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Mostly he is just involved in helping to get the baby in, lol. But to be honest I'm very happy he is not obsessed like me. One of us needs to stay sane :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dizzydream
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM

DH is always down to BD whenever I ask (I only have to mention it and he's ready to go). I don't involve him in the testing or talk about all the details with him because I don't really feel the need to.  We had a brief convo about CM last night.  He is interested in what my doctor says, etc.

We decided to TTC by having frequent and lengthy discussions.  Big Picture: We both want 2-3 children, but we just have to try to have that all work out logistically and that's what we talk about the most.

orangeshirt
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
He has only one job to do and he does it well. If I want to talk about all my inner workings, I text my BFF or get on here...it'll go in one of his ears and out the other. He doesn't ask when or if I'm testing, just lets it all go with the flow. But, when it comes time to put the sperm where they need to be, he's the right guy for the job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured