Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here and confused *edit *2nd edit

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:44 AM
  • 18 Replies
Im so confused.

My last period was July 14-21. My average cycle is 24 days. According to my period app I was to ovulate July 25. I cramped that day and felt the same as I always do when I ovulate. We had sex on July 17,19,20,21, 22 and 25th.
I've cramped every day since the 25th - not typical.
I've tested on August 3rd and 7th with negative results. The 7th being the day my period was due.
Thursday morning (3 days late - again, not typical) I spotted some pink and in the afternoon brown and an hour ago (about 2:30am) thick brown and enough to change my panty liner. This is not regular for me.
I usually cramp first thing in the morning my period is due and an hour later I start my period full force and bloody red and heavy for the first three days (really really heavy).

My confusion....suppose this is implantation bleeding then when should I test again? I did have implantation bleeding with my first however I didn't realize what it was at the time but thankfully I take notes so I was able to see that I did on my first that it wasn't my period. I was 6wks preg when I tested with my first pregnancy ten days late from my expected period.

So should I just wait two more weeks or should I test again tomorrow even with this weird brown bleeding I have going on? Thanks in advance.

*edit
I guess I got my period? *shrug.
Now I'm bleeding red this morning. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it, have sex when I think I'm ovulating and wait a month until my period. Oh well.

*2nd edit
Updated with pee stick picture.
Should I be excited??? Is it possible to be wrong. Slight pink line showed up. When I tested before there was nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mika_malone
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:50 AM
i would wait two weeks after the implantation bleeding to make sure you get the right results and not a false negative. good luck and baby dust to you.!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Thanks! I made a small edit in my post. I don't think so this month.

Quoting mika_malone:

i would wait two weeks after the implantation bleeding to make sure you get the right results and not a false negative. good luck and baby dust to you.!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Latvia
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM

i'm sorry... Fingers crossed for the next month!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I would wait 3-4 days after what you think is implantation bleeding to test.  That's about how long it takes for the hcg to be detected in your urine after implantation.

Sorry AF seems to have shown, though!  Good luck this cycle.

Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM
We hit the mark three years ago on the first try. I was kinda hoping again this time. I'm not super disappointed.
My husband was kind and said we will have fun trying again. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Pic

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kwubb1
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what mine looked like (that light and evwrything) and it was at 18dpo. I went for the digital after that... And here I am 7 1/2 months pregnant :) GL
krystyneh
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Did this show up right away?

Quoting Abee2202:

Pic

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Yes. I stared at it for about 30 seconds and watched the second line show up faintly. I then swept up some cat litter in the bathroom, trying to patiently wait two minutes. When I rechecked it darkened slightly more.

Quoting krystyneh:

Did this show up right away?

Quoting Abee2202:

Pic

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess I would be about 16dpo, well 17dpo because it's 2am.
Congrats on being preg too :)

Quoting kwubb1:

That's what mine looked like (that light and evwrything) and it was at 18dpo. I went for the digital after that... And here I am 7 1/2 months pregnant :) GL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured