Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When can I test?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

Curiosity is getting the best of me and I have to know if I am pregnant or not! ;)  I had that incidence of blood tinged mucus yesterday and usually when I start spotting, it continues until AF.  No spotting this morning.  None.  I'm wondering if it was truly IB.  I slept horrible last night, was cold when I went to bed, but many times when I woke up, I was hot and throwing the covers off me.  This morning, I am very nauseous and I'm hoping after I eat that will subside.  Peeing more than usual too.  My body is just warm today and I actually feel sick, but I know I am not sick.  I remember this feeling all too well.  Here's another weird thing.  Last night I was flossing my teeth and I was gagging while I was doing it.  I never gag while flossing.  When I was pregnant with Jacob, I gagged all the time...just on my own, I would gag all day long (thanks to my wonderful gag reflex) and brushing my teeth was a difficult task for me.  If I am not pregnant, I am crazy...which DH thinks these symptoms are just PMS.  Haha...nope.  I don't get symptoms like this before AF.  I get some cramping and my boobs get tender, but that's about it.  Okay, so if that was IB yesterday, when I can I test and get a potential positive?  I believe I am either 8 or 9 DPO.  Thanks, ladies! 

by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Esper2142008
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I would wait 3 days then test be at least 12 dpo to get an accurate result good luck fingers crossed :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmom2be08
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Quoting Esper2142008:

I would wait 3 days then test be at least 12 dpo to get an accurate result good luck fingers crossed :)

I've been sleeping all day and feel fluish, but I was fine last night.  I'm nauseous and the egg I made for breakfast made me want to throw up.  I don't know if I can wait another 3 days...LOL!   Thanks!  :)

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM

It seems like I've read that it takes 3-4 days for the hcg to be detectable in your urine after implantation.

Ladies have also said here that if you're having pregnancy symptoms, then you should be able to get a BFP.  Not sure if that's true, although it does seem like it should be true.

So maybe test in the morning & if its a BFN, wait until 12-13 DPO to test again.

HJMF
by JoAnna on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:15 PM
People have tested positive two days after IB, even the next day after an implantation dip on their charts. But it takes 48 hours or more for the hcg to build up in your system usually, but everyone's different. So I wouldn't test any sooner than tomorrow with fmu, but Monday or Tuesday with fmu would be even better. Good luck and FX!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured