Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Long overdue Quad Mom update! 24 Week Pictures

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 99 Replies
11 moms liked this

The above pictures were taken at 24 weeks AND it ended up being my "maternity" shoot due to being on bed rest.  It has been awhile since updating all of you so here it goes!  

At 22 weeks, they measured my cervix and were not too happy with how short it had gotten (was measuring 3-4 everytime, which is good).  This time it had shortened to 2.13 so they wanted to check it in a week (23 weeks).  Went down to 1.5.  They sent us to the hospital and had me monitored.  They checked my cervix to see if it was dilated and I was at 1 cm.  They said not to worry about it because I could stay that way for a long time.  They started me on steroid injections for their little lungs.  Had a few contractions during that time, but nothing major.  I begged them to let me go home for my shower, I even said I'd turn myself back in the next day or that Monday.  They ended up letting me go home for the shower and a week of bed rest at home.  Then we went back in on 8/17 and it had shortened to 1.0.  So off to the hospital we went and we will be here until the babies arrive.  As of now I am 25 weeks and 5 days.  The Dr said the next goal is 28 weeks and if we make it to that, the next goal is 32.  They monitor babies heartbeats daily and make sure there aren't any changes with me.  So far, so good.  We continue to pray that they will not get in a hurry to arrive and will stay put for awhile.  Babies last weights were: A= 1 lb 12 oz B= 1 lb 7 oz C= 1 lb 4 oz and D=1 lb 2 or 3 oz

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2pittsburghboys
by Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I was hospitalized for 5 weeks with my middle DS because my water broke at 24 weeks. I know it can get borning so I had a nurse suggest writing a daily journal to my DS which at 7 years old he loves. It's something for u to share with ur babies when they are old enough to realize what their Mommy did for them. Good Luck and keep us updated:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofqk
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Wow, good luck to you guys. Hoping the babies stay put for a while longer.

Angelswaiting
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Best of luck to you! Stay healthy and I hope you don't get too bored on bed rest! I just had a friend that gave birth to twins yesterday at 33 weeks! Both of her boys are doing well, but still have a little road ahead of them!

pixiemom4
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Praying all goes well, stay strong for your babies !!!!!!!!

mrs.searle
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Praying they stay in there and cook much longer!! Do you know the sexes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Oh my goodness I will pray!!! And you are carrying awesome for four!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Latvia
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM

hope they all stay in for a looooooong time!!!

and i just can't believe how amazing (and tiny) you still look! :)

SweetandSassy12
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM
You look awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firemanswife723
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Awww, you look beautiful!!! Best of luck to you mama!! Keeping you my thoughts that they stay a few more weeks! =)

steph.sublette
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I use to work in a maternity ward, the mammas on bed rest were so sweet : )

Just have hubby bring lots of books, needlepoint, knitting, paper (journaling is a great idea, or write a book)! You can do it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)