Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

scared and sad

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM
  • 15 Replies
I found out I was pregnant in the beg of august and I went to my first Sono on the 22 only to find out that I was preg in ny tubes I had to have emergency surgery and they took out the right tube I an so sad and depressed I don't kno what to do I have no motivation for anything all I do is cry and sleep. My husband wants to try again but I'm so afraid to I don't kno what to do
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xotatiannaxo
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I'm so sorry! I just miscarried at ten weeks and I know how you feel! I'm very sorry. It gets better
Chrissie051
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

aww hun dont worry....i had an ovarian ectopic back in march and altho they saved my tubes as it was my ovary that had ruptured, it was pretty much life threatening if i had not gotten to the hosp on time, well...then last week i had a miscarriage very early but still, very sad....you need to stay positive!! for yourself and your husband - you still have one tube and thats all you need! your hubby will be grieving too...i blamed myself at first and then he was the one who said his sperm may have been the dodgy seed bless him! chin up and keep going - you must not let this get you down ;o) x

Angelswaiting
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It's ok to grieve. You need that after any loss. I've had 3 MC's, but never had to have surgery. Take a little more time if you need it. But try not to let yourself get into a depression. I know it can be very hard at times. Do your best to stay positive. You don't have to try again until you are ready! Best of luck to you and I hope you feel better soon! You'llbe in my prayers.

vidales.kim
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

i had a mc back in july of last yr, and then an ectopic in nov of last yr where they had to take my right tube. i thought that there was no hope for me to get pregnant again but by the grace of god two and a half months after my ectopic i got pregnant with this baby and now i am scheduled to have my c section Nov 26th, the day that i had my ectopic last yr. my advise to you is dont try til you are ready and dont give up hope

CafeMom Tickers
imsodreamy
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM
2 moms liked this
give yourself time to grieve, its normal and should be expected. I have had 1 stillbirth and 4 miscarriages (no successful pregnancies) ttc my first but have 2 adopted twin boy 2yo's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JackieHansard
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM

As I have already told another person, you still have a good tube. The doctors can give you fertility drugs and harverst your eggs, fertilize it and put if back in. You have options, but only your doctor knows your history and body.

My sister was pregnant once: it was in her tube. During surgery, she began to hemorage, so they had to do a full hysterectomy on her. When they told her, she looked like her world had ended. I have a son and two daughters and I felt guilty with each of them. The one thing she wanted in her life had been taken away while her two sisters got to have 3 for me and 2 for out other sister.

Please, talk to your doctor about everything. You are feeling exactly what you should feel. You are greiving and trying to heal at the same time. Also, talk to your husband about your feelings and fears. He is a man so he can't just "KNOW" what's going on inside your head. You need to tell him, because it was his loss too. He may need to talk about it but he may not know how to go about it. He may feel as if bringing it up may be too painful for you. He may be scared to let you know how really scared he is.

You have a lot to consider and talk about, but, the key is: to talk.

I wish you luck on getting pregnant again and bringing you and your husband even closer.

JesusMySavior
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Gosh I'm so incredibly sorry. I'm not going to say not be scared cuz that just can't happen, but I would keep an open mind about trying for another. I would discuss with my dr how long it may take for your body to heal and that will also give you and hubby some time to come to a well thought out decision. Give yourself some time and remember God takes care of all his babies. Things truly will be alright, keep expressing how you feel so that ones around you understand how it's making you feel, let them help.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I'm sorry.  (((hugs))) Be gentle with yourself & give yourself time to grieve.  You have time to decide what, if anything, you want to do next.

Always_April
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I was told one of my tubes was completely blocked that was in 2010 I was able to get pregnant in sept 2011 and had a mc, I m now 20w 2d pregnant, so yes u can still get pregnant with only one tube but u have to mentally ok to deal with the whole tryin again, I wasnt I was scared to let dh near me for 3 almost 4 months after my mc it is very hard but I hope u find cimfort in knowin that there is the possibility that even with one tube u can get pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Cry, be sad, be mad, feel what you need to feel, you will heal much more quickly. Lean on your dh, enjoy being with him.for the joy of being with him.
I know of many women who have one ovary or one tube and go on to have many children. hugs and prayers for health, healing and happiness:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)