Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Cycle issues

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM
  • 1 Replies

I quit taking the pill on May 28 and have only had one period since then - beginning on July 6. Prior to going on the pill, my periods were very irregular. I mentioned it to my doctors prior to going on the pill, but I started the pill when I was 19, and I don't think they took me too seriously, perhaps because of my age. I'm 25 now and TTC and it is incredibly frustrating that my cycle is so far from normal.

I've taken approximately 10 HPTs in the past 4.5 weeks (including a FRER earlier today) and I'm definitely not pregnant. I have a gyno appointment on September 10, but am in need of some advice/support until then...

I've tried charting, but my temps are so crazy that it doesn't make sense for me to chart. Just a zig-zag line...

Have any of you had cylces as messed up as mine? How long did it take you to conceive? What questions should I ask my doctor?

by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this

It can take up to a year for your cycles to regulate after being on bc.  So that likely is your issue.  The zig zag line of your chart is likely an indication of your hormones not being regulated yet, too.

I would suggest asking to have your hormones tested (estrogen, progesterone, fsh, prolactin etc), and also have your thyroid tested.  You may also want to be tested for PCOS since you always had irregular cycles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN