Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Luteal phase.... ????

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok so this is my official first month temping. I temped in April and got preg that cycle (mc in july) so I had no idea how long my luteal phase was. So this month I'm temping everyday at 615 my chart looks awesome. I had a dip and spike and a pos opk cd17 and temo have been going up and up and bam spotting last night (10dpo) more spotting this morning but with cramps. So I knew AF was coming and low and behold she shows her ugly face today (11dpo) but my temps are still way above cover line and haven't dropped at all! I dunno what to think about that!. Wahhhh. I'm so upset :(. I really was hoping this would be it. We did everything right :(.

My question is this. My luteal phase is now 10-11 dpo? Isn't that too short? My cycle was 28 days. And why is my temp still up??
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kiki2009
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
red020804
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Well my LP is only 11 days and I'm 10 weeks pregnant.
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Sometimes your temp does stay up for at least a day or two while you have af.

10-11days can be long enough. You might want to take b6, though, and see if that lengthens your lp & helps you get pregnant.
Jena731
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Quoting GwenMB:

10-11days can be long enough. You might want to take b6, though, and see if that lengthens your lp & helps you get pregnant.

Thanks Gwen! I'm def gonna do that. Should I take a bcomplex or just b6? I have 100 mg b complex but I'm not sure that's going to be enough b6 in there.
I woke up this morning ready to start this cycle as positive as I can and hope for a June baby :). I'm a teacher so this would be a great time!

I have to say. U r the most helpful person on this board. U are a fountain of information and I'm learning so much from you! Thank you for all of your support and knowledge! You are great!
Jena731
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Yay! This makes me hopeful!!! Thanks and congrats! Happy and healthy 9 months to u!
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Quoting Jena731:

Quoting GwenMB:

Thanks Gwen! I'm def gonna do that. Should I take a bcomplex or just b6? I have 100 mg b complex but I'm not sure that's going to be enough b6 in there.
I woke up this morning ready to start this cycle as positive as I can and hope for a June baby :). I'm a teacher so this would be a great time!

I have to say. U r the most helpful person on this board. U are a fountain of information and I'm learning so much from you! Thank you for all of your support and knowledge! You are great!

A B complex would be better than just B6, but it depends on how much B6 is in it.  I think you want at least 50-100mg of B6.

Jena731
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Quoting GwenMB:

Ok thanks. I just checks the b100 complex has 100mg of thiamin riboflavin niacin b6 b12 biotin pantothenic acid inositol PABA choline bitartrate and 400mg of colic acid. So this should be good! Hopefully I get pregnant next cycle! Thanks for ur help!
GwenMB
by Gwen on Sep. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Jena731:

Quoting GwenMB:

Ok thanks. I just checks the b100 complex has 100mg of thiamin riboflavin niacin b6 b12 biotin pantothenic acid inositol PABA choline bitartrate and 400mg of colic acid. So this should be good! Hopefully I get pregnant next cycle! Thanks for ur help!

Yep, that looks good.  GOod luck this cycle!

And thanks for the compliment. embarrassed mini

kelly617
by Gold Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM

My temp stays up for a few days after AF shows up

My luteal phase is also 10 days....I tried super B complex to lengthen it...it didn't work and it made me have crazy weird preggo symptoms during that cycle so I quit taking it.

But I should mention that I got pregnant and had my son on a 10day luteal phase so its totally possible and had absolutely NO negative effect on my lil boy or my pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)