Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Trying to Conceive: Get Advice Here!

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi ladies,

We just launched a new section in the group, called Trying to Conceive Advice. It's  an easy-to-read directory of all the essential information women who are trying to conceive need to know, with tips provided by people like YOU. We gathered all the best of YOUR TTC tips and tricks, from across the spectrum of experience and opinion,  and put them into this new format, so that everyone who visits the group can have this info at their fingertips, without needing to comb through hundreds of posts.

Look for it in the group navigation above or go directly to the Trying to Conceive Advice section here.

As always, we'd love to hear what you think. And we hope that you'll be an Advice contributor soon! Keep posting your great opinions, and your tips could make it into a future Advice page. Feel free to share what other topics you think we should cover, too.

Check out the Advice pages for all of these Trying to Conceive topics:

Understanding Fertility

Fertility Problems

Charting

Fertility Drugs & Treatments

Alternative Methods

Emotional Health

Pregnancy Prep

Early Pregnancy

Thanks for all your help!

-CafeMom Team

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Sep. 12, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I cant seem to navigate in there. I visted yesteday and it was only success stories but no advice. i will try again to see if I can get some information.

Cafe Becky
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Hi tiffluv81,

Thanks for your feedback. Let me know if I can help you navigate through the section. The success stories you mention are other women's personal experiences while trying to conceive -- some successful, some not. They were selected because they offer tips and insight that should be useful to other women who are trying to get pregnant.

Hope that helps!

-Cafe Becky

Quoting tiffluv81:

I cant seem to navigate in there. I visted yesteday and it was only success stories but no advice. i will try again to see if I can get some information.

corrinacs
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I was navigating fine :).  Wow, its unbelievable the things you have compiled together.  And wow, the things I said and done makes me we wonder how we survivied it all :) :).  It was nice seeing those familiar names again.  I do feel sad that I don't speak to some of the ladies I "tried" with any longer :/.

But wow, Cafemom, you have done very well :) :).  Hopefully this will cut back on the constant repeating we did  :) :)

Cafe Becky
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hi corrinacs,

Thanks for the great feedback! We agree - hope it helps many more women like you!

Quoting corrinacs:

I was navigating fine :).  Wow, its unbelievable the things you have compiled together.  And wow, the things I said and done makes me we wonder how we survivied it all :) :).  It was nice seeing those familiar names again.  I do feel sad that I don't speak to some of the ladies I "tried" with any longer :/.

But wow, Cafemom, you have done very well :) :).  Hopefully this will cut back on the constant repeating we did  :) :)

HopefulMommy89
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Kudos for all the work that went into compiling these. However, if more accurate pieces of advice in some of these had been chosen, it would be a much better resource. I looked through some of these and can tell you that some of them are riddled with very inaccurate information. For instance, there is a selection posted under the femara section that's completely inaccurate, which states that femara is likely to result in hyperstimulation and "a bunch" of babies. I have done a LOT of medical research regarding clomid and femara (having taken both several times myself, wanting to know all of the risks and benefits of each) and medical study after medical study shows that a woman is MUCH more likely to hyper-stimulate using clomid than femara. In fact, it is incredibly rare for a woman taking femara to ovulate more than 1-2 eggs while taking it. In all the research I conducted, the vast majority of the studies concluded that with clomid, women are more likely to get a BFP, but are also much more likely to miscarry, have babies with birth defects, and a much higher rate of multiples than with femara. I have posted such information numerous times, in multiple forums.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mobuttaa
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj01r4LvH3s&sns=em

Any info let me know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)