Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive
My doctor had me rush to the hospital Friday to see if I had hyperstimulation from clomid. They still have not called me back. I had follicles going well on both sides, about 2 cm. Anybody with experience with this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Replies (11-17):
Bridget13
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM

You poor thing! 19 lbs??? I gained 10 and thought that was terrible. Luckily after about 2 weeks I am finally feeling pretty good, but my ovaries are still quadruple the size and I still have plenty of free fluid in my abdomen. Hope you turn the corner soon! I wouldn't wish it on anyone either. It was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever been through!!!

Quoting Rachray143:

I have it right now ive had it for about two weeks. I am also 5 weeks prego so dr says its gonna last another week or two but really there is no telling!! So far I've gained 19 pounds from it I have mild Ohss. It sucks only treatment is salty food, gaterade, v8 juice other than that it's time u just have to wait...... Hope you don't have it I don't wish it on anyone!!!

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Sep. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I got my test results. No overstimulation just lots of small cysts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM
That's great news! I'm sure you are still uncomfortable, but glad toy don't have to ensure OHSS!

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
The pain went away when I got my lh surge so I think I'm in the clear

Quoting cnlsmommy:

That's great news! I'm sure you are still uncomfortable, but glad toy don't have to ensure OHSS!

Quoting storkneedsgps:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachray143
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I agree def uncomfortable! So have u lost the 10 pounds? Dr says it will come off & it better I so didn't wanted to start my pregnancy off heavy! I am hoping to wake up soon with it be gone but I guess it doesn't just go away if you still have fluid and swollen ovaries!! Hope you get back to normal ASAP!!

Quoting Bridget13:

You poor thing! 19 lbs??? I gained 10 and thought that was terrible. Luckily after about 2 weeks I am finally feeling pretty good, but my ovaries are still quadruple the size and I still have plenty of free fluid in my abdomen. Hope you turn the corner soon! I wouldn't wish it on anyone either. It was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever been through!!!

Quoting Rachray143:

I have it right now ive had it for about two weeks. I am also 5 weeks prego so dr says its gonna last another week or two but really there is no telling!! So far I've gained 19 pounds from it I have mild Ohss. It sucks only treatment is salty food, gaterade, v8 juice other than that it's time u just have to wait...... Hope you don't have it I don't wish it on anyone!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Yes I had it second round of Clomid and trigger shot they keep you ans watch you but there is no treatments for it , it just has to pass they pump you full of fluid to flush you out and thats it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bridget13
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I am now 7 weeks. I have actually lost 13 lbs. My stomach is getting flatter and flatter. Dr. said I am out of the woods and can start to taper off the gatorade unless I feel it coming back. I still have the huge ovaries and some fluid, but I think because I have gotten rid of most of the fluid that is why I am feeling better. I had to measure input and output and I could tell when I was finally getting rid of the access fluid.  I am still on Progesterone until the middle of October that make you bloated, but I feel so much better. Just a little morning sickness here and there! :) I hope you feel better soon and get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!! :) 

Quoting Rachray143:

I agree def uncomfortable! So have u lost the 10 pounds? Dr says it will come off & it better I so didn't wanted to start my pregnancy off heavy! I am hoping to wake up soon with it be gone but I guess it doesn't just go away if you still have fluid and swollen ovaries!! Hope you get back to normal ASAP!!

Quoting Bridget13:

Quoting Rachray143:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)