Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

when should i test?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
how soon after implanation can i test?!? for a few days i been having a few
symptoms: sharp pains in my nipples, cranps bloating, little twinges, gas, burping alot n today i started feeling fatigue
when should i test?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Well since most women have no clue when implantation occured its better to determine testing based on when your period is due. TCOYF and most Drs recommend testing at 18 dpo, or 4 days past most womens expected period. This decreases the chance of catching a chemical pregnancy, and you are more likely to get a accurate result. Most women can't wait that long. So anytime after 12 dpo gives you a fairly accurate result. I would suggest testing any earlier the 9 dpo for sure. Good Luck!

FYI The burping was always the first sign I had during early pregnancy. BUT everything you described can be a result of the increase in progesterone which occcurs from the time ovulation occurs until AF. So try not to put too much hope in your symptoms. Hopefuly you get your BFP soon. Keep us posted!

mizzamber86
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
thx....n i will keep u all posted... about the burping it's something i really never done i just started doing it more lately....* fingers crossed*

Quoting NoraDun:

Well since most women have no clue when implantation occured its better to determine testing based on when your period is due. TCOYF and most Drs recommend testing at 18 dpo, or 4 days past most womens expected period. This decreases the chance of catching a chemical pregnancy, and you are more likely to get a accurate result. Most women can't wait that long. So anytime after 12 dpo gives you a fairly accurate result. I would suggest testing any earlier the 9 dpo for sure. Good Luck!

FYI The burping was always the first sign I had during early pregnancy. BUT everything you described can be a result of the increase in progesterone which occcurs from the time ovulation occurs until AF. So try not to put too much hope in your symptoms. Hopefuly you get your BFP soon. Keep us posted!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MasterAtArms
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Good luck! I couldn't wait and started testing at 8 DPO even though I knew it was going to be negative that early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)