Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

To bd before O or not....to bd...that is the question

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

HAHAHA sorry that was probably WAY more funny in my head than you'll think it is...anyway

Are your chances of getting pregnant better if you BD the night BEFORE you ovulate or the night OF ovulation?

According to FF I O'd on cd22...took my temp that morning as  usual and it was down a lot...so we BD'd that night...was it already too late?

Does the drop in temp mean you are ovulating then or that the egg has already been released?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Well here is my theory...and its simply my own! Bedding prior to ovulation allows the sperm to entire into the fallopian tubes and bed down waiting for an egg to come along. So they are there and ready...maybe even well rested LOL. If you wait there is always that chance that the sperm for some reason or another dont make it in time. So I am a firm believer in bedding everyother day for your entire fertile week and a few days after O. Good Luck!

kelly617
by Gold Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Thank you! i hope we didn't miss it this month...I ran out of opks so I was only going on temps...and my chart showed ovulation at cd14...BUT then it took the crosshairs away...and apparently I really o'd on cd22 so I wasn't prepared so we did the deed when I saw the temp drop just incase...hopefully it worked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prenatalRN
by Bronze Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what I have always thought too. I will bd the day before and the day of. That way (I hope) I have little sperm waiting there for the egg and then some fresh ones on their way. I figure I cover my bases that way.

Quoting NoraDun:

Well here is my theory...and its simply my own! Bedding prior to ovulation allows the sperm to entire into the fallopian tubes and bed down waiting for an egg to come along. So they are there and ready...maybe even well rested LOL. If you wait there is always that chance that the sperm for some reason or another dont make it in time. So I am a firm believer in bedding everyother day for your entire fertile week and a few days after O. Good Luck!

lillybug222
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM
If you're both healthy, BD everyday during your fertile window. That's what we did! We were pregnant month 2. Sure, it slightly decreases his sperm count, but even at a lower count, it's more sperm than doing the deed every other day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashora1990
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM

haha thats what we are doing too.

Quoting lillybug222:

If you're both healthy, BD everyday during your fertile window. That's what we did! We were pregnant month 2. Sure, it slightly decreases his sperm count, but even at a lower count, it's more sperm than doing the deed every other day.

Trying4BabyNum3
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:06 PM
BOTH....I WISH U the BEST :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyrinM
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:11 PM
I am supposed to be waiting til next month, but I admit I am a bit concerned that I may have failed. I figured I would could skip using contraceptives until O week, & started using them maybe 3 days before, this is a guess, so now I am wondering if perhaps I didn't use them soon enough & that I still caught. I figure if I did, I did, but I was supposed to wait so I could heal a bit more, so kinda hoping I didn't, & kinda hoping I did. If that makes any sense.
kelly617
by Gold Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Quoting KyrinM:

I am supposed to be waiting til next month, but I admit I am a bit concerned that I may have failed. I figured I would could skip using contraceptives until O week, & started using them maybe 3 days before, this is a guess, so now I am wondering if perhaps I didn't use them soon enough & that I still caught. I figure if I did, I did, but I was supposed to wait so I could heal a bit more, so kinda hoping I didn't, & kinda hoping I did. If that makes any sense.

I totally get what you mean...I'm not sure how long before ovulation you have to start taking BC to stop it....I'm assuming you would probably need to start before your LH surge?
Would it be horrible if this was your month?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
KyrinM
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Quoting kelly617:

Quoting KyrinM:

I totally get what you mean...I'm not sure how long before ovulation you have to start taking BC to stop it....I'm assuming you would probably need to start before your LH surge?
Would it be horrible if this was your month?

No, we would be very happy as long as the LO attaches where it should. I had Tubal Reversal surgery a month ago, so I am still healing, supposed to wait til Oct to try, but I admit that I didn't have my whole heart in preventing, so kinda half assed it. Considering the surgery chances are probably low, but I can dream. It will probably take several months to catch, but you never know, before this I usually caught pretty quick & the doctor said everything looked really good when he was done, so here's hoping I screwed up! LOL!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN