Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive
I was just diagnosed with PCOS in August & was told it is the leading cause of female infertility. So I'm wondering who else suffers from this unfortunate disorder. It might feel a bit better knowing that we aren't dealing with this alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
TattdMomOf2Boys
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

If I knew then  what I know now about the mirena I would have NEVER had it put in!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

lolorachel
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Diagnosed with in 2008 when i was 18. I bawled my eyes out thinking when i got married i may not be able to have kids. Still ttc #1 for a year now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Med dx 2/2011. Now im just starting metformin 100mg, provera 10 days, clomid cd 3-7, and progest test on day 21. dh and i JUST decided to get back on the ttc wagon this month. Im alone in a new state where idk anyone so no one to talk to about this... Pretty lonely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HJMF
by JoAnna on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Me, Diagnosed 10 years ago.

HJMF
by JoAnna on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:08 AM

This! Mommy-2-Three is 100% correct here ladies. And, even though it's known to some to cause the symptoms to flare up, it's also been known to help others control the symptoms. Those not TTC of course. 

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Mirena is known to cause PCOS symptoms to flare up, however it can not cause PCOS!

Quoting TattdMomOf2Boys:

So the mirena can cause PCOS??? That makes so much sense now!! I never had any of these problems til I had the mirena put in. It has been out over 2 years and my cycles are so screwed up.

Quoting beadfairy:

I was diagnosed this summer. I had all kinds of fertility testing before conceiving my first and had NO signs of it...I developed it while I had a Mirena in. I'm hoping it is something that will go away as quickly as it came. :( Sounds silly, but I'd do anything to make it go away. lol

crzemom
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Pcos sister here both me and my older sister have it she had no children and I have a five year old been ttc for for years and got diagnosed in February 2011=( glad to know i'm not alone but wish it want true I want a baby =(
MasterAtArms
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I was diagnosed this year and am on clomid to make me ovulate.

MiKaLa88
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:58 AM
Here! Diagnosed officially in 2010 but have dealt with symptoms since I started having a cycle at the age of 12. Trying to conceive number for 14 months now with one miscarriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:02 AM
I have it diagnosed with it June this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda.D09
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Me too. I had an ultrasound earlier this year and they found the tell tell pearl of cysts on my ovaries.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN