Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OMG, they CLAMPED my CERVIX!

Posted by   + Show Post

LOL! I just got back from my RE. I got a follicular ultrasound (mostly normal for me) and a uterine sounding.

a uterine sounding sounds all nice and normal, right?

WRONG.

They put a speculum inside of me (i'm still bleeding, on my second cycle day) then CLAMPED MY CERVIX OPEN, and put a long plastic rod in there and felt all around to see how my uterus is and if it tilts. (it tilts slightly to the left haha)

so then, I got stabbed with a needle to take my blood, which I will need to repeat friday, sunday, tuesday, wednesday etc. I've also got to do a urine sample, which isn't bad at all.

Not only that, starting tomorrow, I will be injected 3 times a day, once in my ass, which my lovely wife gets to do.

Ah, the things we do for babies.

Bring on the IVF!

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Replies (41-45):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Lol so you have all the hormonal stuff then??? I just have a cyst and like a crap ton of follicles on both ovaries

Quoting TurtleSquish:

I have PCOS too! But my ovaries aren't poly cystic lol

Quoting Seximama23:

Heck yeah I hear ya. I have polycystic ovaries and I think my uterus tilts back because my cervix sits close to.the front

Quoting TurtleSquish:

I'm glad it was over with quickly! and if it makes my IVF more likely to take, i'm all for it.

Quoting Seximama23:

Yeah that crap hurts. I had a uterine sounding last year when I got my iud...then it came out this year

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleSquish
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

yes...what I hate the most is the facial hair! ugh!

Quoting Seximama23:

Lol so you have all the hormonal stuff then??? I just have a cyst and like a crap ton of follicles on both ovaries

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Heck yeah I hear ya. I have polycystic ovaries and I think my uterus tilts back because my cervix sits close to.the front

Quoting TurtleSquish:

I'm glad it was over with quickly! and if it makes my IVF more likely to take, i'm all for it.

Quoting Seximama23:

Yeah that crap hurts. I had a uterine sounding last year when I got my iud...then it came out this year

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM
That sucks! I know how it is, gosh hang if I dont pluck I look like a one eyebrowed freak with a mustashe lol

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleSquish
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

yes lol! I got pissed when I got back hair once.

my doc prescribed me spirnolactone and it took care of it. Even though I've been off of it, it hasn't grown back

Quoting Seximama23:

That sucks! I know how it is, gosh hang if I dont pluck I look like a one eyebrowed freak with a mustashe lol

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Seximama23
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats awesome!! I wish you the best of lick in your journey

Quoting TurtleSquish:

yes lol! I got pissed when I got back hair once.

my doc prescribed me spirnolactone and it took care of it. Even though I've been off of it, it hasn't grown back

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting TurtleSquish:

Quoting Seximama23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN